Mike_Eddleman

mufflers

Mike_Eddleman

I have been looking for mufflers for my D180 and just couldn't find anything I could afford right now so this is what I came up with and for now it works good, It cut the sound by 2/3rds. I took 1 1/4 emt and cut slots in it 14 of them in 4 rows over a 8 inch span and then took a punch and bent the bottoms of the slots in so that they catch the exhaust then I wrapped the emt with 1/2" square wire mesh and then wrapped the mesh with fiberglass about 3/8 inch thick and then wrapped that with wire just to hold it all in place. I took empty torch cylinders and drilled 1 1/4 holes in each end and then cut them in half and covered the fiberglass. I installed them just to see if they worked. Now I will take them off and welt them up and reinstall them. Like I said they might not work for long but they sound great for now

mufflers.jpg

mufflers.jpg

not sure what is going on with the picture

• Like 9

WHX??

Thats usin the old noggin for sometin else then a hat rack!..looks good

• Like 1

953 nut

Home brewed Glass Packs, love it!           :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

DennisThornton

I've considered the same thing and you and I are not the first!  I've heard the fiberglass doesn't last forever but there's more than one way to skin a cat!  Stainless "Chore Boy"s, stainless baffles and...

Let us know how they hold up, please!

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Very Creative

• Like 1