Ed Kennell

Looks le we could have a "PIP'.      At 2:44AM last night.Thumbnail

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Egbert arrived yesterday.

fb1a51aa2755c435937c43db3e7c952577eda86651bc9f20d450abc585a86cdc.jpg

• Like 4

WHX??

Good name Ed ... a snack was just brought in and now she is doing a little house keeping!

• Like 2

953 nut
40 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Egbert

:woohoo:               You made that up didn't you Ed!       :ychain:

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Good name Ed ... a snack was just brought in and now she is doing a little house keeping!

Yeah, Egbert got bumped on the noggin by that stick that Dad brought in.  Mom scolded Dad and moved it out of the way.

3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:woohoo:               You made that up didn't you Ed!       :ychain:

If he had hatched on Friday  as scheduled, his/her name would have been  Paddy or Patty.

I'm open to names for the next egg.

• Like 1

WHX??

1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

bumped on the noggin by that stick that Dad brought in

I noticed when I was watchin this AM that people comment on the bottom and somebody tried to say that last year one got bumped by a stick and that killed it --- hogwash I wanted to say!!!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

The second egg hatched this morning.      I might call her Birtha.  Or not.

ef474a165121f10f4312cb4c94f3fa4dc8272dbdf87ef56ca6eae0a303c3fbf1.jpg

• Like 2

WHX??

Just had a brainstorm here guys.... connect the computer to the big high def flat screen with a HDMI cable and we could sit and watch the eagles while we eat supper and relax and unwind in the kitchen instead of watching depressing news, weather and all the other garbage on tv these days. That would make for some fine dinner conversation! What ya think?? :)

One little problem here I don't have internet here other than hotspot from a stupid smart phone which is useless from havin a steel roof. 

Who wants to set up a go fund me account to get me real Wi-Fi?!?!?!:lol:

Seriously Ed this whole thread needs a million :handgestures-thumbupright: up.... I run the Hanover website in the backround when I am working in the office and when I hear some squawking I imediately tune in to see whats going on. Nice diversion from crunching numbers all day!

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I do this all the time Jim.      But I use the larger RGB input port and cable instead of the USD cable in the HDM1 input ports.  I could not get the USB to carry the sound from laptop to TV.

The RGB carries video and audio.

I keep the RGB cable permanently installed on the TV, and to the laptop. 

Then by using the TV remote( not Comcast remote) I can just switch from the Comcast (HDM1) input to the laptop (RGB) input.   

This weekend while watching the NCAA  sweet 16 games,  at every time out, I was switching to the live stream of my Grandsons Robot competition in Philly through the laptop.

The nice thing is, I can keep as many pages as I want open on the laptop and check them all during TV program commercials.

The eagle nest and Red Square is always open.

Just a caution....careful what you post here......you are on the big screen at times.:techie-ebay::icecream:

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

WHX??

Sounds like you got it under control Ed and when I get that go fund me acct :)...That ok with being on the big screen Ed ....who knows maybe my 15 minutes of fame?!?!? Little  :offtopic: here but since you brought up the 16 ....how bout them Badgers!....now back  to our eagles!:lol:

Ed Kennell

Good luck to your Badgers  Jim.      I would luv to see my Hillbilly Mountaineers meet you guys in the final 4.    :confusion-shrug::handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 1

WHX??

Breezy today & must be stocking the cupboard for a Friday fish fry!?!?:)

Ed Kennell

Your choice of leftovers for dinner... fish, duck, or squirrel.ab602bd9b1e45adf7d725fdc59f2506f62bbb9c0c9bd3408c73f7abd35de55dc.jpg

953 nut
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

leftovers for dinner... fish, duck, or squirrel

Yum;     Home Cookin'

Image result for yum home cookin

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

A rainy day here, but a warm 60F.     Mom opens the canopy while she serves up a perch for lunch.Thumbnail

• Like 4

rmaynard

Another gully washer today. Poor mom is so devoted to those little guys. And to think that I complained about getting my shoes wet walking through the Walmart parking lot this morning.

wet_bird.thumb.png.900a57c9704d02e9a309a48044e5a146.png

• Like 4

WHX??

I'm still reeling over the pic Ed put up where's she covered in ice!

• Like 1

rmaynard

Lot's of growth in the last couple weeks. The eaglets are now 24-30" long with 4-5' wing spans. Their talons are almost full grown, and their beaks are as well. Just amazing how fast these little guys grow. 

https://hdontap.com/index.php/video/stream/bald-eagle-live-cam

Ed Kennell

They are really taking a lot of groceries Bob.     Dad brought in about an 8" shad this morning and they devoured every scrap and scale in less than 5 minutes.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Two soggyThumbnail eagles this morning.     If they catch and eat one more of these flying Carp. they should be ready to fledge.

• Like 2

WHX??

I shouda posted awhile ago when we first discovered this. Across the street from my shop is the HS sports complex and there is a pair of Ospreys that built a nest on top of one of the light standards. We thought this kinda odd as Google says they like to nest over water but the Fox River is just a few blocks away. One of my employees took a look in the nest with his drone a few weeks ago but no eggs or young in it that we could see. Couldn't get real close as to not disturb the pair and endanger them or the drone. For now we have been keeping an eye on them with binocs and a spotting scope. Not a good pic but you will get the idea &  will see if I can get some when he sends the drone up again.

20170525_101036[1].jpg

• Like 3