Howie

Broken Raider 12 Transmission

Howie

I pulled the transmission apart on this tractor I bought this summer. Wouldn't pull its self. Both axle gears have all the teeth missing and all of the pinion gears are damaged. One of the body plates has a piece broken

out around the pocket where the pinion sets. I am wondering if this is going to be too expensive of a repair. I know one of the 1533's doesn't look very good, retainer inside broken one ball floating in there. Looks like

all the other gears are ok. Will need some bearings replaced.

David 

Racinbob

Please give us a bit more information. Tractor year, etc. Pictures would help a lot. You likely have the 10 pinion differential. There are options and the folks here will gladly help you out.:)

• Like 1

Howie

Its a 1972 Raider 12,it is the 10 pinion differential with the 1 1/8 dia axles. . Don't know if I could get pictures on here or not. One of the plates the pinion gears sit in is broken

between the gear pockets 

racinfool40

I have complete good 10 pinion differentials..axle gears and good 1533 bearings...Sounds like someone got a little ruff with it or used it as a pulling tractor.

• Like 3

Howie

I think a lot of this is from abuse and not taking care of it. Shifter boot non existed and signs it set outside, water in there. I flushed it first and then found out it would't pull its self.

When i looked at those 1533's I didn't like what I saw. The ring gear wasn't damaged but the body the pinions go in probably broke from the broken teeth in there. Someone

had been in there before because there were no washers on the bolts holding the differential together. I will contact you on the parts. Thanks

David

squonk

Get another trans. 

• Like 1

daveoman1966

I also have a complete 10-pinion differential to fit the Raider 12.  For details, send email to me here (just clik the link):

daveoman@windstream.net

Kegler

You could always swap out the tranny then strip the damaged one for spare parts.

• Like 1

Howie

Yeah, I could do that but used ones never know about all their history.At this point I don't have a whole lot in the tractor because I bought it

for the deck. Have a fellow who wanted one. Kind of wanted a tractor for a plow tractor anyway. Got it non running and got engine running

and it seems to be decent. Looked on CL and didn't find one very close yet. 

Irv

Ditto on looking for a complete. good tranny. Too bad you're not here in Rochester NY. I have 2 of them. Good luck

Howie

Repaired the axle keyway's Saturday and put it back together. Got some parts from racinfool40. Its back under the tractor now and I will have to finish

putting the tractor back together. Did test it before bolting it back in.

David

• Like 3

953 nut
9 minutes ago, Howie said:

Its back under the tractor now

:woohoo:                                    :text-yeahthat:                                             :text-bravo:                                               :bow-blue:

• Like 1

WHX??

So where are the :text-coolphotos:???

Howie

Finally got rear tires for this, and it will move under its own power. Even tho it is cold had to try it!

• Like 1