857 horse

Does this take everyone 2 hours???

rjg854

Nice looking plow tractor you got there ;)   Can't wait to use mine for the first time ever. Just got into this :wh: thing. My plow is on a Commando 8

• Like 3

857 horse

OH.....i almost forgot....!!!!!   i quit using chain tensioners about 10 years ago.....one broke.....i looked around the garage,,,,spotted a bunge strap....a few zip ties...

Viola.!!!!! or Vodka.......but it made me feel warm all over.....and they last.....///i have a pic of my rear wheels....

• Like 4

AMC RULES

The ol' :wh: looks really great.   :bow-blue:

• Like 3

squonk

Looking good Howard!

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It

Good looking Horse, and your grass is still nice and green !

• Like 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   Love those short frame :wh:, been plowing with a 1055 for years. Noticed the zip ties on your plow hitch, great idea, need to do that on mine.

• Like 2

Jake Kuhn

Nice 857 Howard, looks good!

• Like 3

857 horse
45 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:   Love those short frame :wh:, been plowing with a 1055 for years. Noticed the zip ties on your plow hitch, great idea, need to do that on mine.

953 dont miss a beat.!!!!!   and im not sure if thats the right way.......but everything stays put

here are a few pics of my horse hauler......last year i almost got into AMC rules truck....dont know why,,,thet look nothing alike//  loloollo

snow patrol 004.JPG

snow patrol 006.JPG

snow patrol 007.JPG

• Like 1

roadapples

NICE!

• Like 1

Horse46

Looks cool all tooled up.

Are the rear hubs supposed to touch the trans casing on this model?

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower
2 minutes ago, Horse46 said:

Looks cool all tooled up.

Are the rear hubs supposed to touch the trans casing on this model?

yes, mine has that as well

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:eusa-hand:  C'mon now, they're totally different...  

mine does good :wh: work for a living.:ychain: 

2015-09-20 002 013.JPG

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 5

tunahead72

To answer your original question, everything seems to take at least 2 hours any more. :roll:

• Like 3

roadapples
25 minutes ago, tunahead72 said:

To answer your original question, everything seems to take at least 2 hours any more. :roll:

Yea, you were referring to getting dressed in the morning, right?

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

It takes me two hours to get my socks on. So I change to clean socks on New Years Day . Wife gets to cut my toe nails , gives her a big thrill. Got to keep he happy.

• Like 5

Tankman
1 hour ago, tunahead72 said:

Nearly a month putting chains, weights, plow on my 520-8. Thinking "grass is still green."

Work Horse still wearing last years plow, ready to push.

Not rushing into winter. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Marv

Takes me so long I just decided to leave everything set up from now on. Actually it makes me sore doing that work.

Marvin

• Like 3

mikekot3

857 Horse I really like the Script on the Silverado and the 57 chevy belair style hood crest on the tailgate.

• Like 5

857 horse

well,,,the weekend is coming up again.....another tractor....and the snow blower....never used one.....found a single stage...like brand new at the Big Show.....

im sure 2 hours plus......

Will i be happy.???

Virginia snow dont stay fluffy very long,,,,turns to wet cement.....then its a plow or nothing....because thats the case....we have to keep on top,,,or keep up with it while it falls...

Edited by 857 horse

roadapples

Go for it. Snow blowers are like car insurance. Don`t want to be without it but hope I never need it.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

That is one fine looking 857. Even the seat looks great. Was this tractor in storage before you owned it? You do not see many in that condition a 1967!!!!!! Do you know how many P/Owners they where?  Well enjoy the ride Gary   B..

• Like 3

857 horse

Gary......thanks for asking....i currently have 4 857"s,,,,,,,,this is #1.......i got this from the original owners grandson....it has no rattles..no extra noises..no leaks...

and it is the 2nd best looking one i have....my #4 857,,,actually has alot of shine,,,,it sat in the original owners garage.for 38 years.....That is my best looking machine.....i will try to get pics this weeknd.......#2 and #3 look pretty worn,,,,but actually run great....they are going to be resto projects....one of which will be done this winter....,,,,i am closing a deal on 857 #5 right now......looks alot like this one......guy got it from granpa,,,,,and has no use for a tractor of any kind.....7 hour trip...

just got a trailer,,,for tractor hauling......trying to decide what to bring to the big show.....and my 401....its just a putter.....or do i mean a driver ???? 

Edited by 857 horse
  • Like 1

Retired Wrencher
11 hours ago, 857 horse said:

Gary......thanks for asking....i currently have 4 857"s,,,,,,,,this is #1.......i got this from the original owners grandson....it has no rattles..no extra noises..no leaks...

and it is the 2nd best looking one i have....my #4 857,,,actually has alot of shine,,,,it sat in the original owners garage.for 38 years.....That is my best looking machine.....i will try to get pics this weeknd.......#2 and #3 look pretty worn,,,,but actually run great....they are going to be resto projects....one of which will be done this winter....,,,,i am closing a deal on 857 #5 right now......looks alot like this one......guy got it from granpa,,,,,and has no use for a tractor of any kind.....7 hour trip...

just got a trailer,,,for tractor hauling......trying to decide what to bring to the big show.....and my 401....its just a putter.....or do i mean a driver ???? 

I call my 657 a putter at the shows all day on less that a tank of gas.

• Like 1