Sign in to follow this  
COMB2

Battery size

COMB2

Anyone know what the best battery is? My buddy is set on Interstate Workaholic. I think I'm with him on it too. Had one sitting in a cub for 3 years and the thing starts tractors like new after a charge overnight. Some of the cheaper ones I have bought have sat for a month or 2 and are dead to never hold a charged again.

What's the highest cranking amps you can get in a battery this size? (group U1 I think)

james

I checked out tractor batteries at Wal Mart and the 2 battery they had for tractors (not including motor cycle batteries) were a battery had 300 cca and the other had 200 cca. there was about a 10 dollar price difference canadian. the 200 cca battery was 35 bucks canadian leaving the other 45 bucks canadian....so, they'll be cheaper for you guys i'm sure. they also had motorcycle batteries but i think the cheapest one was like 60 bucks or so.

Brrly1

Well I haven't priced a battery at Sears for a while now. The last time was about 40.00 for a 400 cca battery. Well I had pulled the battery out of one of the tractors that ended up in the storage area. I threw a charge on it and Boy Howdy she still showing alot of life. Quite impressed. I tried that with a newer 400 cca battery around a yr. and a half old. Not a Sears, dead DOA. I guess the more cold

cranking amps the better. Makes sense here!! You will appreciate a little more. I am sure. Burly :hide::D:hide::omg: :omg:

Brrly1

Yeah and besides that its a Gold series ( Diehard ) Go Figure!! Burly :hide:

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

COMB2

Good info! That battery chart is a good link :hide:

Brrly1

Spend more!!! Get more!!! Burly

rustyoldjunk

on an interesting side note some older models will accept an auto battery.i know the 66-67 models will.not sure up until when but i do know the 73 up dont have a big enough battery box.