Wheelhorsestory

The Feast of the Seven Fishes and the Ride-Away Jr. that Saved a Town. Part II

Wheelhorsestory

As the seafood sauce simmered on the stove, I convinced my wife that I needed to make this trip to Blackstone Massachusetts.  It was a very cold Christmas Eve and the ground had a light covering of snow. I knew it wouldn't be that difficult to get my trailer out from the back of the yard, and I was correct. I hooked her up and off I went. I don't know if you're like me, but whenever I go on a tractor call, I get very excited. As I traveled up the Connecticut coastline and into Rhode island, I couldn't help thinking that the other drivers were heading somewhere for Christmas and here I was going to look at a tractor.  The small state of Rhode Island seemed to go on forever, but eventually I arrived in Massachusetts at the dealer. As I slowly pulled into the parking lot, I could see the tractors at hand proudly on display in the front window.  I didn't want to show my excitement, but I had to convince this gentleman that he must sell me these two tractors. As I walked in through the front door and stepped on in, past the Wheel Horse doormat, I was transported to a Wheel Horse dealership back in the early 1960s. I immediately noticed all sorts of Wheel Horse signs, clocks, thermometers, etc.

Don't forget to check back next Saturday for more of the story.

• Like 9

nylyon

Hope pictures are part of this

• Like 3