NewHorser

New Owner To Family

NewHorser

Hello everyone! I just purchased my first Wheel Horse Charger 10 and it came with the snow plow attachment. My first ever horse, just needed something to plow my driveway. Unfortunately the hydraulic ram is missing, but I'll make due. It has the automatic transmission and seems to be cold blooded as the choke is disconnected/missing. It idles good once it warms up but bogs down when going faster and up a small incline, I suspect the fuel filter/carb and jets need cleaned. I have no idea what year it is, as the PO spray painted everything red. Needs some tinkering, but I need to tackle the fuel issue first. Anyhow, I plan to be an avid reader of this forum. I paid $320.

Sean in Dayton

20151205_160306.jpg

• Like 4

KC9KAS

whfan74

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Wishin4a416

Welcome to the Forum!! Nice looking machine.

roadapples

You`ll probably have another before you`re done tinkering with that one. As others will tell you these horsies are addictive. And welcome to Red Square.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:WRS:

NewHorser
5 minutes ago, roadapples said:

You`ll probably have another before you`re done tinkering with that one. As others will tell you these horsies are addictive. And welcome to Red Square.

Uhh, yeah...I've already been looking :)

• Like 6

Shynon

Rob.A.700

Nice find! add a set of wheel weights and your ready for anything mother nature throws at you!:text-welcomeconfetti:

953 nut

:WRS:       Charger 10 was produced fro '69 to '72. Probably if you replace the fuel lines and filter as well as rebuilding the carburator your engine problems will go away. Good luck in finding the next one!   :ychain:

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 3

WHX??

Nice tractor.....and already looking for another :thumbs: should find manuals here and help should you need it.

:text-welcomewave: and please consider being a supporter 

• Like 3

BOB ELLISON

I was new to wheel horse 4 months ago. and like you never had a wheelhorse tractor until I got a c160.i had to completely  tear it down and redo it. I  Love my wh and now i have 5 .you  will not find a better place for info and help then here.welcome to the best tractor you will ever own.

20151030_164348.jpg

• Like 7

roadapples
16 minutes ago, BOB ELLISON said:

I was new to wheel horse 4 months ago. and like you never had a wheelhorse tractor until I got a c160.i had to completely  tear it down and redo it. I  Love my wh and now i have 5 .you  will not find a better place for info and help then here.welcome to the best tractor you will ever own.

20151030_164348.jpg

Five in four months?  Bob, you really got it bad.

• Like 4

BOB ELLISON

Just picked up a b80 last week looks really nice and runs good.deck, plow .$200.00 how do you not buy. If i find more like this I'll have 10 by my next  post.and yes i got the bug.

• Like 6

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Congratulations on your new rig, welcome to red square to.

Glenn

• Like 1

857 horse

OH WOW,,,,,,,,,,,mans gonna need a bigger,,boat,,,,,,uh   Shed !!!!!!!         lololollol

• Like 1

jackhammer

Looks like it will be a very promising tractor for you .. Welcome to the forum here and good luck with your new project.

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: Sean.   The Charger 10 is a great tractor and It looks like you got a good one at a good price.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

slammer302

I have a hydro lift setup from a c-160 i have the hoses valve and cylinder if your interested you can send me a private message   

• Like 2

TDF5G

It's addictive.  I started out with one that I had for 21 years.  Went searching for a good mower deck and now I own 5 tractors, 5 decks, plus other attachments!  

• Like 3

BOB ELLISON
22 hours ago, roadapples said:

Five in four months?  Bob, you really got it bad.

I Love working on my wheel horse .when these tractors were made they were really made to last.this summer i will fix up my 1966 lawn ranger and redo a b80 .like new this time 

• Like 2

JPWH

Terry M

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

NewHorser :WRS: Have fun and enjoy the ride.  Gary   B...

SylvanLakeWH

Welcome to RS!

Great group of people with tremendous knowledge!!!