DougC

Where's The Snow?

608KEB
On 12/28/2015 at 4:09 PM, WHX6 said:

Sweet Lookin 608... Sweet... someday mine is gonna look like that. The way it's blowing up here you'll be using that soon. Hate to be fussy but make mine a two stage. Have you still got the tall chute for sale?

I have another tall chute. But the plan is to put it on a 520H at the farm. I just cleaned off the driveway and sidewalk. Did the neighbors  too. Maybe 4-6 ".Still supposed  to snow another 5-6 " tonight. I sold the 2 stage snow thrower to another member a couple of months ago. I wish I would've kept it and at least tried it out. I like the cab I have because it has small windows behind the doors. I patched the holes in the cab with liquid vinyl. But I haven't  finished with the full repair yet. This is the 2nd year I've had the cab.  I couldn't  do with out now! I'll try to post a few pics or a video tommorrow. :rolleyes: Check out you tube 1993 520H  snowstorm  12/28/15.

20151229_221443.jpg

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 1

WHX??

Total whiteout here....day late dollar short for our white Christmas 

Mother member posted a pic of his 44" two stage....thing was huge...least another appreciating member got yours:thumbs:

Edited by WHX6

953 nut
32 minutes ago, WHX6 said:

Mother member

:huhs:       Glad everyone is getting excited about snow; in a couple of months all the talk will be about how great it will be to get seat time mowing grass!   :ychain:

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair

It's coming down hard now, but it is sleet, not snow. Supposed to turn to freezing rain by morning

WNYPCRepair

Woke up to about an inch of sleet, and rain starting. Luckily, I was able to plow it all before it melted. :) 

Wow, my hood is dusty.  

plowing.thumb.JPG.2648da774249bed38651fc

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 5

TDF5G

Here north of KC we got about 3-4" total yesterday.  Got to try out my new snow pusher worker, '77 B-100 that I acquired this summer.  Trying wheel weights and turf tires with chains for the first time after running AGs and chains on my B-80 for 20 years.   It did a great job.  I can certainly tell a difference with the weights especially on the front wheels.  

IMG_2670.jpg

• Like 4

WNYPCRepair

I was surprised at how well the 522xi did without chains. Just turf tires and it was fine even with today's wet heavy snow. Though if there were 6" of snow like today's I will probably need chains. 

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor
6 hours ago, WNYPCRepair said:

I was surprised at how well the 522xi did without chains. Just turf tires and it was fine even with today's wet heavy snow. Though if there were 6" of snow like today's I will probably need chains. 

Brian, I was looking back through some photos and found this from two years ago. We had four-five inches (ZERO inches so far for this season) and I wasn't using the chains on the 518xi. I had about 200 pounds on the rear hitch and wheel weights.

One thing that caught my eye in the front-on view is that the PTO is off-center. I never put two and two together that the driveshaft is offset to match the transaxle.

DSCF9557.thumb.JPG.41b9a73f5794b209f535a

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair

Hmm... I haven't noticed that either.

Ed Kennell

Geeezz John, you had me all excited with that  snow pic.     :banana-skier: 

Then I saw It was from 2013.        :angry-cussingblack:

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, ekennell said:

Geeezz John, you had me all excited with that  snow pic.     :banana-skier: 

Then I saw It was from 2013.        :angry-cussingblack:

I thought he used photoshop on it. 

Glenn

• Like 1

cod

While the tractor and snow thrower are set to go, I really can't complain about the unusually temperatures here in MD.  Went cruising through Lancaster county today and it seems that some of the fields are still producing.

Cod