botzitaliano

D-250 FEL build

botzitaliano

Hey all few months back i picked up a FEL for my 76' D-250. I believe it was off a older bowlens tractor.  Im running the loader off the pto with a northern tool 4-8 gpm pump, 5 gallon hydro tank, 3/8" hydraulic lines, 20gpm filter off return side of tank. I got it working, it lifts weight. But my issue with it, is that it lifts very slowly. When the pto is on and pumps running, the gauge on the inlet side of the valve body doesn't read anything until the pistons max out, then i belive it reads 2000psi.   Friend of mine suggested upping the pump supply line from 3/8" to 3/4"??  My other concerns now are: does the pto spin fast enough to run the pump correctly? And is my 20gpm filter  on the return slowing anything down??  If theres any advice yall could share with me to help improve my situation, ill really appreciate it. Thanks

20151121_160930.thumb.jpg.44f24c0368fa4920151121_161602.thumb.jpg.caa58b2d3f036b20151122_112506.thumb.jpg.6568602d3bb057

Tomorrow ill take a video of the loader running so you can gauge the speed

• Like 2

roadapples

Mine has the same filter on return line so you can rule that out.

wallfish

It appears your suction supply and pressure lines of the pump are too small. The suction supply to the pump should probably be 1" and the pressure supply to the valve 3/4". Having a larger supply hose to the pump will stop it from having to vacuum the oil in from the reservoir. Then a slightly smaller hose but larger than the working hoses is used to supply the valve with enough oil to run multiple cylinders without starving for oil. These larger hoses also allow the system to hold more oil, stop any cavitation in the reservoir and dissipate heat better.

A 20GPM filter will have no problem handling 4-8 GPM. 

Check the speed of the PTO and the pump specs. Both should be around 3600 RPM

BTW, NICE tractor!

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 2

botzitaliano

Thanks for the good information!!  Im definitely going to be increasing my lines. Hopefully that'll help. Had a little problem the other day trying to take a video to show you guys. My adapter for my pto shaft that extends it out to the coupler snapped in half. So now i have to rework all that. Im having a hard time finding the "right" parts. Meaning, on my tractor the pto is 1 1/8" and when you go to buy adapters, theyre all 1 1/8" x 1 3/8".  So me just trying to make it work ordered that one. So now from that adapter i have a quick coupler 1 3/8" 6 spline x 5/8" pump shaft. Which was the only one i could find that was close to what i needed. My pump shaft is 1/2" so i rigged that to make it work. It was working fine for a few weeks, but now everything is breaking and coming loose. Can any one point me in the right direction to find the right parts. Ive been through a lot of online sites and cant find what i need. There's one store about a hour away i found that sells tractor and farm equipment. So ill try to go there sometime this week.