TEAM580

Ranger or Not

TEAM580

Whats the difference between a Lawn Ranger and a "full" size?

Besides the tires/wheels.

Thanks. Tom

• Like 1

N3PUY

This is one type of RANGER.      1973 Ranger 800

565f6862c7181_LogandrivingWH.jpg.32d108b

Edited by N3PUY
  • Like 2

slammer302

If you are talking about the little round hood lawn rangers like a L-157 there is a lot of differences between them tires spindles rear fenders lift arm these are just a few that I can recall 

Terry M

I would call the 62-68 Lawn rangers a very close cousin to the 6hp short frame (WH)tractors of the same year .  Same unidrive trans and same sized , slightly changed frame and same size hood.  Differences just off the top of my head (like what slammer said ) ...  would be smaller wheels ,hubs, front axle and steering assembly , rear fenders/ fender pan(depending on the model year), seat support panels and hood stand assembly.  

Try searching for some pictures because they tell a good story of the differences.:)

My personal favorite is my 1964 Lawn Ranger..

• Like 1

TEAM580

Yes I do mean the early round hood style.

The one I just got (front half only) looks suspiciously like my round hood lawn ranger.

I have a rear from a workhorse in it now.

Don't care about the lift system as I plan to make it a puller for my new lawn tractor series. 

64s

I might be wrong but I thought the difference between the 62-68 lawn rangers and full size of the same years were basically the wheel and tires.

Terry M
11 hours ago, 64s said:

I might be wrong but I thought the difference between the 62-68 lawn rangers and full size of the same years were basically the wheel and tires.

wheels and tires are the main difference.....but theres more than that.    I mentioned some on post #4   ^^^

i

Edited by Terry M
  • Like 1

RedRanger

Front axles/spindles/engines/belt guards/wheels/tires/fender pans/steering wheels/rear hitch/accessory mounts/probably tie rods since front axle is different.  Although they look like their big brothers, not much is the same.

TEAM580

Thanks for all the info. I'm thinkin its a lawn ranger. If it quacks like a duck etc...

Terry M

Also, the Lawn ranger belt guard is interchangeable with the short frame tractors  (604,605,606,607,etc.) that are equipped with the 6hp Tecumseh. 

RedRanger
2 hours ago, Terry M said:

Also, the Lawn ranger belt guard is interchangeable with the short frame tractors  (604,605,606,607,etc.) that are equipped with the 6hp Tecumseh. 

But not the Kohlers.