sdhdcouple

The 1267 and the 1st snowfall

sdhdcouple

Well I have been getting all the parts together to be able to use the wheel horse for snow plowing this winter.  Well we got our 1st snow yesterday and over night up here in South Dakota.  Think we got close to 10" of heavy wet snow.  I was nervous as I have two untested tractors for snow duty and was just crossing my finger they were going to work.  That old 1267 is just a monster with that snow blower.  I plowed into a windrow as much as I could with the 918 and then hit the windrows with the Horse.  snow higher than the front of the blower, just kept on walking.  I have about 800 feet or so of drive and only clogged in up twice, and that is because I was trying different high / low and gear selections to see what worked best. 

For being my 1st Wheel Horse and 1st time doing a real job with her, I have to say  I really like it.  I just wished it had power lift for that heavy blower.

I was so happy to try it, I forgot to take video or pictures.  next time.

• Like 9

RedRanger

We want pictures!

Electric and Hydro lifts are out there as an add on.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Racinbob

Most definitely.........:text-worthless:

If you didn't put the assist spring on it you should try one.

• Like 4

sdhdcouple

lol, I failed.  no pictures

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I dont have the lift assist spring. I only have the single stage. Get the spring when you can. Glen Petit one of the vendors here sells them. The eye bolt you can get at the hardware store. Now, after all this wonderfull advice how bout a pic of your rig in the garage drying off. Lol. Good luck.

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Sounds like it worked out pretty good...           

patiently awaiting your next storm. :clap:

squonk

Do you have the flag in the top hole of the lift arm? If not it will be hard to lift the blower.

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Lucky you with some Snow. I dont know if we are going to get much. None yet. I know, you will be probably be sick of it before Winters over. Sounds like your Horse did a good job for you.

sdhdcouple

I do believe I have it in the top hole,  but I have to double check.   I think it is more the operator than the machine.  Fat lazy operator has Hydro lift on the Arco/Allis 918.   so I sure the operator is just lazy and like to complain, I have to double check on that with my boss when she gets home.

I think we got more snow in the last 48 hours than all of last year.

Edited by sdhdcouple
  • Like 2

KC9KAS
12 minutes ago, sdhdcouple said:

Fat lazy operator

I hope you aren't talking about your wife!

• Like 1

sdhdcouple

lol No.   I have a trophy wife.  you in this day and age when everyone has to be a winner and there are no losers, even the guy who comes in last gets a trophy.

• Like 5

DougC

Glad to here the pair performed well, of course why wouldn't they, they're    :wh: 

sdhdcouple
23 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

I dont have the lift assist spring. I only have the single stage. Get the spring when you can. Glen Petit one of the vendors here sells them. The eye bolt you can get at the hardware store. Now, after all this wonderfull advice how bout a pic of your rig in the garage drying off. Lol. Good luck.

Glenn

we are going to waiting a long time for that picture of the horse in the barn drying off.  Garage is full of other things. 

we will be waiting a long time till I can build a bigger garage, lol

• Like 1