vette10r

C-81 plow help

vette10r

Hey guys I'm in Minnesota and we just got our first snow today! I brought the Wheel horse out to do the driveway and it did great! Up until the very last push of snow, I went to lift the plow and reverse and the eyebolt one the chain snapped. I'm wondering if I can just run to fleet farm and grab the parts I need or if they are specific to Wheel horse?  I'll load some pictures. 

20151130_131946_zpsycekmapg.jpg

20151130_131946_zpsycekmapg.jpg

953 nut

:WRS:         Looks like all you will need is the correct length Eye Bolt, open the eye up a bit and it will come right off. That will happin if your adjustment is a bit on the tight side.

vette10r

So those eyes bend pretty easy? To adjust the tention do I just move the eyebolt to a different hole? Thanks 

953 nut

If you have a good vice available you can clamp the eye in it and pry it open, or it could be opened by driving a chisel into the gap. If the new eye bolt is an inch or two longer you could make up the length adjustment with the two nuts, you will also have to open the eye on the new one to put it on the chain; then squeeze it closed.

• Like 4

vette10r

Ok thanks I'll get a longer eyebolt and go from there. The other parts in the picture were laying on the ground so I'm not 100% certain how they go. I'm assuming I need a coder pin to hold the piece in place that the eyebolt goes through? Everything is very wore out so it's hard to tell...

Any idea where I can order all new parts by chance or look them up online? Thanks  

diamondred

There is also a straight bar available so you can apply down pressure. Or you can make one. Seems those eyes are welded shut, no problem with a hacksaw. I'll look for illustrations. 

Blade.JPG

blade1.JPG

Edited by diamondred
add illustration
  • Like 1

vette10r

Thanks I might look into the bar option. Would that affect the mower deck at all or is it a different connection? 

WH nut
16 hours ago, vette10r said:

Thanks I might look into the bar option. Would that affect the mower deck at all or is it a different connection? 

You cant use the solid bar on the mower deck. Plow only.