Wheelhorse100

Tractor help

Wheelhorse100

Hi I have a tractor I need to use to haul a wood trailer through the snow. I have bar tires on it. Should I put chains on them. Also wheel weights on it. There 55 pounds each

can whlvr

yes to both,and front weight helps too,ive not had the privelage to run ags or bar tires,but I run turfs with agresive chains and I don't even take them off most of my tractors all year long,they work good in mud and steep hills

953 nut

:WRS:    Wheel weights are great as well as bar lug rear tires, but chains will make a big difference. Another plus would be some narrow three rib front tires so you won't have to push too much snow with the fronts. 

one more thing,   :wwp:                                                                            :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

JC 1965

I agree with what the others said.   :WRS:

• Like 1

ericj

i run ag tires on all of my tractors year around. with that being said i have pretty much flat ground and mostly on black top. i have found that when i get on dirt with my ag tires you can get hung up faster then on black top. if you are going to be running through the woods i think i would be using chains on my tractors. let me tell you its no fun trying to get a 5 or 600 lb tractor unstuck and don't ask me how i know   :laughing-rofl: 

eric j

• Like 1

23 Reo

Chains and weights are the way to go. Put on ribbed front tires if you want to steer in snow.

Keep a good jack and 2" by 6" 's with roofing material nailed on to them just in case.

Happy motoring!

Edited by 23 Reo

JAinVA

Weights and chains are the way to go.I used to run both year round out here in the woods.If you haul wood in a cart in the snow you will need both weights and chains.I have not run ags so I don't know how well chains will do on them.Have fun in the snow.Luck,JAinVa

• Like 1

wheelhorsekid

I run AG's in snow, mud, and up hill. Never stuck. Not once. Great, now that I said that I'll be digging myself out :huh:

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher

Wheelhorse100 :WRS: you will find lots of help when you need it. Gary     B...

Wheelhorse100

Thank you for the responses. I will run weights and chains