DougC

Show Me Your Cab Lights

DougC

Want to add  some roof LED lights to the hard top cab and thought I would ask for some advice and some  pictures  of what you guys put on yours. I don't know if I need to make a light bar or just mount them to the plastic roof with large washers. I am looking at a pair on amazon 4 inch round 27w for around $19 free shipping no tax. They are  30 degree spot pattern. Can't afford the good stuff, just want something low amp I can hook into factory headlight switch without adding relay and aux. switch. 

Also thinking about adding an amber caution light but roof is plastic so the magnetic kind is out. There is an area molded on roof that looks like it may be the place one would mount.

Wife will think I have lost my mind since I do my snow removal during daylight hours but hey............... It's a guy thing......:lol:

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Had cab lights once but removed them. If used when it is snowing all you see is the new snow falling. They need to be out front on a light bar or something.

A piece of tin glued to the inside may be enough for a magnetic light on the outside.

Garry

• Like 1

KC9KAS

This light is what I plan to purchase. It has (I think) 8 different flash patterns.

http://www.ruralking.com/24-led-amber-light-bar-with-clear-cover.html

close_label.gif

24 LED Amber Light Bar with Clear Cover

SKU: 204190001  |

In stock.

Ships in 1-2 business days.

Regular Price: $59.99

Special Price: $49.99

You Save $10 (16.67%)

Shipping

View Shipping Rates

Economy Ground & Express Shipping available.

(Exclusions may apply)

Qty:
Add to Cart

• Like 1

Fun Engineer
1 hour ago, KC9KAS said:

This light is what I plan to purchase. It has (I think) 8 different flash patterns.

http://www.ruralking.com/24-led-amber-light-bar-with-clear-cover.html

close_label.gif

SKU: 204190001  |

In stock.

Ships in 1-2 business days.

Regular Price: $59.99

Special Price: $49.99

You Save $10 (16.67%)

Shipping

View Shipping Rates

Economy Ground & Express Shipping available.

(Exclusions may apply)

Qty:

Add to Cart

Here's my setup. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 5

cheesegrader

Fun, 

Man that is nice, except for the strange green paint.

I like the front lights.  Even if it is snowing or blowing hard enough to use the wiper, they still help.

Make sure you clear the bottom of the garage door once mounted (don't ask)

I have a cheap little flashing amber light on the back of my loader seat, and it has saved my butt several times.

Amazing how hard it is to see an entire tractor at dusk in the winter.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I dont have a cab, so I dont have any cab lights.

But I wish I had some kind of a light mounted to a magnet, to put on the hood, or the snowblower chute or somewhere. Did you ever notice that the hood lights ars obscured by the tall chute snowblower. The lights let you see the back of the chute, but not much light past the chute.

so thats what I need, a magnet light to mount on the hood.

Btw, Dave, nice lights on your new rig, cant wait to see some action shots, green or not. Lol

Glenn

• Like 3

DougC
5 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

I dont have a cab, so I dont have any cab lights.

:lol:  Glenn..... We gotta get that problem taken care of. I pledge One Dollar to the Let's Get Glenn A Cab Fund........ Anyone else?   :lol:

• Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

DougC. for now I will settle for a light. lol  ty

Glenn

• Like 1

Shynon

This is what I am using, it is a 24" led light bar, has spot lights and flood lights. Also flashing leds with three programs.

IMG_5724.JPG

IMG_5725.JPG

• Like 9

WHX??
On Monday, November 30, 2015 7:16:09, DougC said:

Glenn..... We gotta get that problem taken care of. I pledge One Dollar to the Let's Get Glenn A Cab Fund........ Anyone else?   

I'll throw a buck in if Glenn throws in:lol: two bucks in my get a cab fund!

• Like 4

shallowwatersailor

Here is  my new amber LED light bar that was on sale during this year's Black Friday. It is just resting on the roof as I have yet to re-install the cab for the season. My plan is to get it installed and, if the weather cooperates (mid 50s next week), paint the roof red for this year. That way I can strip everything off as it is much easier to work on not installed on the tractor.

My front LED floods were bought before the influx of less expensive LED lights. I actually had purchased one of them a few years ago and used it with a magnetic mount on the rear of a tractor. After I got the cab, I decided to use it and bought the matching one for the front. The rear is the same as what Fun Engineer used.

DSCN3292.thumb.JPG.663b27c021e3fd2869117DSCN3291.thumb.JPG.eea97a5201d84e5272a97

• Like 5

WHX??

Just like a true junkie John ..... shopping for gifts on black friday for your horses!! :ychain:

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I think it's time to resurrect the old cab light thread. After all, lighting changes quick as can be, brighter lights, less amperage to run them. Who is doing cab lights this year? I might be if I get lucky, lol.

Just would like to know, what kind, placement on cab, flashing, non flashing, just white / bright for seeing what your doing. There are many many options. The trick is not to exceed what the tractor put out in amperage.

Ok, let's talk some lights again.

Glenn

• Like 2

ce318

IMG_0620.JPGIMG_0620.JPG

Just now, ce318 said:

IMG_0620.JPGIMG_0620.JPG

My solution to no cab but having to have emergency lighting

• Like 4

ce318

IMG_1181.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG

• Like 1

DougC

Here is what I put on mine .  Less than 50 bucks total for lights and beacon from Amazon.

100_1422.JPG

Edited by DougC
  • Like 1

WHX??
17 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Ok, let's talk some lights again

Only if we get to see pics of that cab you didn't buy because of buying a C-175 that you swear at!!! :ychain:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:teasing-poke:   :hilarious:

2 hours ago, WHX8 said:

Only if we get to see pics of that cab you didn't buy because of buying a C-175 that you swear at!!! :ychain:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Here's what I use for night plowing. Magnet Mount. Plugs in to a cig. adaptor I mounted under the hood...has built in switch...

Works like a charm...

Oh...and a "cab"? What is that for? :ychain:

:banana-skier:

IMG_0929.JPG

IMG_0930.JPG

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 4

ce318

I really want a cab. Just cant find one here on the west coast and nobody ships them. It will be another cold winter in snowsuit. At least I will be seen with the led. I am jealous of all the WH stuff that can be bought back east. 

• Like 1

ce318

AMC RULES I was referring to used ones here on this sight. I may end up purchasing a new cab. See how this winter goes

Chas520H

This is what I have, just bolted a price if plate to the top and bingo magnet works

IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG

• Like 1

WHX??

Got home last nite to some boxes on the porch...nothing like early X-mass presents to one's self!

20161219_182138.jpg

20161219_190947.jpg

20161219_184600.jpg

20161219_191203.jpg

20161219_191211.jpg

20161219_191346.jpg

Pictures of how bright they are at night don't do it justice.

Total  price was less than 80 bucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181933025289?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152160080246?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and that was for four of the rear mounted ones

Best part was the total amp draw less than 10 amps

20161219_192010.jpg

while I was at it the red rears had bulb holders that were giving grief so a pair of theses off Amazon...8 bucks a pair

20161219_192611.jpg

Its also amazing the rear ones are 27 watts each and appear  to give off as much light as the 120 watt front bar.

• Like 2

Sarge

I love the Amazon deal on these 18w flood cubes , brutally bright and they have an awesome track record in the off road world -

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Driving-Lights-driving-Warranty/dp/B01KRV3PNA/ref=pd_nav_hcs_bia_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=G0V8JKK807291ZNA0BJ4&th=1

Just an fyi -

Look for lights that are around 5,000K color temperature , or even better , down around 4200K . Those high temperature colors over or approaching 6000K are too blue for snow use and are actually a bit hard on your eyes . I almost prefer the 3000K fog colors of the old days for working in the snow since it takes away some of the harsh blues and glare from the snow - you can see it in your pictures .

Sarge

• Like 1