rwentz

Wheel Horse 312-8 ID #2112K806

rwentz

Not real familiar with Wheel Horse tractors but, have come to like this little 312-8 I inherited from my father. Did all the maintenance when I first got it, took it out, was running great for about an hour and a half then it just shut off (not out of fuel). Have not been able to get it going again, turns over but no spark, no obvious issues that can be seen. Anyone that can point me in the right direction, not sure of the proper way to isolate the engine from the rest of the electrical system, so I can at least determine where the issue my be.

953 nut

:WRS:            The most likely culprits when it comes to a lack of spark is the safety switches on the seat and the PTO. Here is a copy of the wiring diagram, it may help solve your problem.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/2021-tractor-1989-300-series-8-speed-om-wiringpdf/

DougC

Thats the first thing the guys at the repair shop check is all the safety switches. Some times I have to unplug and plug back in my seat switch connection under seat if it dies when I move the motion lever. The switch works ok but the connector seems to cause the problem.

Welcome  :text-welcomeconfetti: to the forum rwentz.   :)

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:    Unplugging the dark blue wire at the PTO switch will take all of the ignition safety switches out of the picture, but please only do this as a diagnostic check; don't run it that way. Stay Safe!

rwentz

Maybe not doing everything I should but, unplugged dark blue wire at PTO switch and now nothing, will not even turn over. Appreciate the quick responses, I only get garage time on the weekends so feel this will be lengthy process to track down,

gwest_ca

See if these diagrams help. Each circuit has it's own diagram

Garry

rwentz

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help, I eventually found a wire that had broken off from the terminal connector, this was at the PTO safety switch, once that was repaired and reconnected I had spark again. The tractor would still not start though so today I found that it was not getting any fuel to the carb, was flowing freely to the inlet side of the fuel pump. Ran to my local parts source and luckily they had a fuel pump kit, replaced the old fuel pump and it popped right off. Great having a place like this to go with knowledgeable people willing to share.  

• Like 2