rjg854

horses waiting for snow

rjg854

Got the twins ready for the snow, but where is it?

P1050555.JPG

P1050556.JPG

P1050557.JPG

• Like 8

953 nut

You can get lots of snow in the Finger Lakes region, but you seem to be prepared.     :text-coolphotos:

KC9KAS

You and your WH team look ready and willing!

stevasaurus

Looks like your round hood is either getting the winter off, or she is going to be the scout riding out front looking for the white stuff.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  My 702 has a HY-2 on it...she is sporting a snow blade...no winter off for this girl.  :)

Nice line up and pictures. 

• Like 1

Don1977
55 minutes ago, ranger13148 said:

Just got the 854, she'll be used for getting the mail. With a quarter mile driveway, who wants to walk when you can ride in style.

55 minutes ago, ranger13148 said:

Just got the 854, she'll be used for getting the mail. With a quarter mile driveway, who wants to walk when you can ride in style.

You could built a garbage can lift for the back of the 854 if you have garbage pick up. Would be easy if you have already a slot hitch.

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

I do believe you are ready. Nice crew!

shallowwatersailor
1 hour ago, ranger13148 said:

Like Don1977 suggested, I have a can lift for the back of the two tractors with sleeve hitches.

stevasaurus

So the 854 is the PONY EXPRESS  :)  Outstanding.

• Like 6

rjg854
1 hour ago, Don1977 said:

You could built a garbage can lift for the back of the 854 if you have garbage pick up. Would be easy if you have already a slot hitch.

The PO or someone cut the hitch off and left what was remaining of the pin in the receiver, I'll have to get that out in order to put a hitch on it to use my wagon.

DougC

Yep. I can see the snow removal will be a piece of cake for that pair.  :handgestures-thumbupright:   I'm running a blade on one of mine and a new to me used blower identical to yours even the same wheels. a 1978 I believe. I wonder how it will work on a gravel drive....... Might be a dangerous weapon......:lol:

rjg854

There's still a few things that need to be worked on to get the 854 in good shape. Rebuilt the carb and the fuel pump,cleaned the crankcase breather it runs pretty good, but smokes some until it's good and warmed up. Other than that it's mostly cosmetic.

24 minutes ago, DougC said:

Yep. I can see the snow removal will be a piece of cake for that pair.  :handgestures-thumbupright:   I'm running a blade on one of mine and a new to me used blower identical to yours even the same wheels. a 1978 I believe. I wonder how it will work on a gravel drive....... Might be a dangerous weapon......:lol:

I'll find too, this is my first year that I'll be using them. Before all I had was a walk behind two wheeled tractor and a 30" walk behind snow blower. Now with these I hope to cut the time it takes to clear snow will be a lot less.

• Like 1

can whlvr

there is lots of ways to get that pin out,if you search it here you will find good ways without destroying the casting of the tranny,nice setups you have,probally wont get much snow as you are ready,if you weren't you already have 2 feet:ychain:

squonk

I'm willing to bet that all the miles I'll put on my tractors this winter won't equal one trip for the mail with your driveway Randy! :)

• Like 1

DougC
33 minutes ago, ranger13148 said:

There's still a few things that need to be worked on to get the 854 in good shape. Rebuilt the carb and the fuel pump,cleaned the crankcase breather it runs pretty good, but smokes some until it's good and warmed up. Other than that it's mostly cosmetic.

I'll find too, this is my first year that I'll be using them. Before all I had was a walk behind two wheeled tractor and a 30" walk behind snow blower. Now with these I hope to cut the time it takes to clear snow will be a lot less.

I have vowed not to point the blower shute  toward my house or our trucks.....Windows are expensive.....:lol:

• Like 1

rjg854
21 minutes ago, can whlvr said:

there is lots of ways to get that pin out,if you search it here you will find good ways without destroying the casting of the tranny,nice setups you have,probally wont get much snow as you are ready,if you weren't you already have 2 feet:ychain:

Any suggestions as to what words to use for a search for removing that pin?  Sometimes my searches don't work out so well :blink:

857 horse

wow,,its that time.....again....i shoulda mounted that blade today..........living room flooring sounded like more fun to the miss's...

plow would have been finished in an hour  or so......floor,,,,,just a start,, llollool

• Like 1

squonk
9 hours ago, 857 horse said:

wow,,its that time.....again....i shoulda mounted that blade today..........living room flooring sounded like more fun to the miss's...

plow would have been finished in an hour  or so......floor,,,,,just a start,, llollool

When it starts snowing, make sure she comes out to help put the plow on. :)

Edited by squonk

857 horse

Mike,,,,,,i like the way you think...think im goona bring that up at supper tomorrow

• Like 2

Mike_Eddleman

looks like your ready for just about anything, Looks great

857 horse

Well...    i did it.....told the wife Mike (Squonk) said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,worked great.....put down another 25 pieces of flooring.....

just keep you informed on the plow,,,  lolololoolol