Mike_Eddleman

seat room

Mike_Eddleman

I know I'm a big o'l boy (6'-4" and 320lbs) But I stuck a car battery in the d180 and fired her up. Tested the PTO, the hydraulic and everything seams to working fine, So I climbed aboard. WELL the seat is in the full back position and it's all I could do to fit in. My belly hit the steering wheel. I have two other tractors that are not really as big as the wheel horse and have plenty of room. Just seams like a tractor that big would have more room. Am I overlooking something?

• Like 2

stevasaurus

:)   I've got the same thing going on, and I do not have a "D".  The only horse I have not modified (4 out of 5) yet...is the B-100.  I'm like 6' 1" and about 2## something.  I have found it is nice to go up a little as well as back.  My wife has a Ford Focus, for me it is like climbing into a MGB.  :)

• Like 4

DougC

I agree. Make some brackets to elevate the seat and move it rearward . I am built a little closer to the ground so just the belly is what I have to contend with.....:)

• Like 4

Sparky

I've had a couple D's and they are tight for the operator. And with the fuel tank behind the seat there is not much you can do.

My 1054 is the same way....big tractor with a cramped operating area.

Mike......

KC9KAS

@Mike_Eddleman I have seen people relocate the tank to a fender and move the seat back.

I too have a D-200 and have the same problem but don't want to whine as the wife will tell me to lose weight!

• Like 6

roadapples
2 hours ago, Mike_Eddleman said:

I know I'm a big o'l boy (6'-4" and 320lbs) But I stuck a car battery in the d180 and fired her up. Tested the PTO, the hydraulic and everything seams to working fine, So I climbed aboard. WELL the seat is in the full back position and it's all I could do to fit in. My belly hit the steering wheel. I have two other tractors that are not really as big as the wheel horse and have plenty of room. Just seams like a tractor that big would have more room. Am I overlooking something?

It`s not what your overlooking, it`s what your looking over. LOL I have the same problem. As others have said raising the seat helps too. At least with the long legs.

• Like 4

squonk

How much are #####'s worth? :)

For me it's the legroom. Every tractor I have that started out with a seat bolted directly to the fender gets a set of springs.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

I have somewhat the same problem. With my workboots on I am 6' 2" and I have to have to deep padded Wheel Horse seat to be comfortable, or drill into the spring steel of the Wheel Horse "U" shaped seat mount and let the seat back as far as it will go. It takes several drill bits to do that. Look at my avatar pic to see how much room I had after setting back the high back TSC padded seat. I had to extend the forward controls on my Harley to be able to ride it comfortably for even a 1/2 day ride.

• Like 3

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:  If you were to build a gas tank mount back about 6" to 8" back from the present location and buy a boat seat (lots of comfy padding) and mount it on a short swivel mounting you would gain leg (and tummy) room and the swivel will make it easy to get on and off.