Sparky

Glen Campbell show

Sparky

Just watched a show on Glen Campbell, who is one of my favorite artists, very sad and very moving.

Alzheimer's is a very cruel disease. I'm thankful that I haven't had to witness it personally, its gotta be hard to have a loved one not know your name.

Mike.........

• Like 8

rmaynard

Lost my mother-in-law to Alzheimer's disease. She developed it at age 58 and she died at 63. It's such a cruel disease. During one of her lucid moments she described her life as "walking into the middle of a movie, not knowing what just happened, and not knowing what's about to happen".

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

I am just learning to deal with this horrible disease that is also so difficult for the families and caregivers.

My wife's best friend  a 70 year old lady has early stage short memory loss, and my 90 year old mother has advanced stage with hostility toward all family members.   They both need constant care.

• Like 1

Marv

My wife is in full blown advanced stage Alzheimers now. it is heartbreaking to see her suffer with this. There is little that can be done to combat this thing.

Marvin

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

My heart goes out to the members of red square who have this awful thing in their lives. I'm glad to be a part of this community where we can express the trying and painful times of our our day to day as well as the good and best of times.

• Like 4

JC 1965

I saw the Glen Campbell special also. Man that was really sad. My father in law had Alzheimers and that is one terrible disease. I wish they could find a cure for it.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

My wife worked for almost eight years in Chicago for the National Alzheimers Association. It is a cruel disease that is the 6th leading cause of death is the USA and cost the nation $226 Billion in 2015

Since then my wife she has worked for the Lupus Foundation of America, and is currently with the ALS Association (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) commonly known as Lou Gehrig's disease. That was our reason for moving to Maryland.  I commend all caregivers, employees, and volunteers associated with all diseases  and with non-profit organizations. There is never enough funding available contrary to what some critics say.

On a personal note, my brother has been afflicted with Parkinson's disease since 2002. It pains me to see his deterioration every time I visit my family.

For those looking for more information:

http://www.alz.org/

http://www.alsa.org/

http://www.apdaparkinson.org/

• Like 4