trainman

Rebuilding a Tecumseh H55D engine

trainman

I have a H55D engine I will be freshening up, I bought a new connecting rod for it which mine is all ground up. The piston is shot

The rings someone said I could use off a H50 or H60? Also my crank is shot- tip broke off Looking for a part number all I see is 24-0-31 on the crank I take it this is the part number? Will a H50 or a H60 crank work in a H55D block?

wallfish

Are you interested in a complete engine?

I have an H55 but is not a WH engine. Runs with no smoke but could use some TLC and will have the parts you need. Has a new Chinese carb on it.

$125 plus shipping

Located in Leicester MA 01524.

Here's a short video of it running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF9tCbCbrHg&feature=youtu.be

Hayden's_Wheel_Horse
4 hours ago, wallfish said:

Are you interested in a complete engine?

I have an H55 but is not a WH engine. Runs with no smoke but could use some TLC and will have the parts you need. Has a new Chinese carb on it.

$125 plus shipping

Located in Leicester MA 01524.

Here's a short video of it running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF9tCbCbrHg&feature=youtu.be

I am interested if Trainman does not want it.

trainman

Just wanting to know my questions above and if anyone has a good used crank? I don't have that kind of money right now. Thanks anyway.

trainman

What H50 or H60 Piston and rings will work on my H55D, I need part numbers.

Howie

I have been looking in some of my old manuals on the H55 and it appears there are two versions of it. The bore on both is 2 5/8in but one has a crank with 2 1/4in stroke and the other is

2 1/2in. The 5,5.5 and 6hp are all the same size cubic inch wise. So if one uses thr 6hp piston rod and crankshaft it would work. Looked in an old Tecumseh I have and it did not have the

H55 in it, not sure why, also in a set of microfiche cards and did not see it there. My father-in-law used to get these and I always got the one he had when an update came out until they

quit making them. Did not look up any part numbers for you. Get me the model and spec numbers off engine if they are still on it and I will do some looking for you.

David

• Like 1

gwest_ca
On 12/3/2015 at 1:10 AM, trainman said:

What H50 or H60 Piston and rings will work on my H55D, I need part numbers.

Did you see this parts list?

Garry

• Like 1

trainman

There is no tag on the motor or numbers on the flywheel I have the crank out of it I also need to find a good used crank for mine. Will any other model Like a H60 crank fit the H55D? or can be turned down on a lathe?

Howie

The H60 crank will work as long asked and piston for the the H60 is used. The H55 piston would work as long as it's crank is one that matches the stroke off the H 60.

Nothing has to be turned down for it to fit in the block.

David

• Like 1