Wheel-N-It

How Much MMO Does It Take?

Wheel-N-It

Guys, over the years we have made many postings of what is MMO, where to use MMO, who uses MMO, but we've never really discussed in detail how much MMO to use where.

I use 3oz of MMO per 5 gallons of fuel primarily as a lubricant for the valves, and the fuel pump. Is that enough? Should I use a different amount in order to be effective? Does anyone here have some wisdom on this subject?

• Like 1

JPWH

Good question. I'm all ears!

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It
52 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:twocents-02cents:              4 Oz. per 10 Gallons of gas per the web site, I don't think a little more would harm anything.

http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/index.php/site/mmo/

Thank you for putting in the research on this Mr. Schmidt. So far it looks like I'm at 6ozs per 10 gallons of fuel. A little  more but only a little.

• Like 1

JC 1965

I think your safe using that amount Van.     :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It
4 hours ago, JC 1965 said:

I think your safe using that amount Van.     :twocents-02cents:

For a long time I was mixing 1oz MMO per gallon of gas but eventually thought that may have been a little too much so I backed it down to 3oz per 5 gallons. I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to keep these old Kohlers running many more years. I know MMO is one of the keys for that success, I just need to know the mixture. Sounds like Mr. Schmidt is on top of it. Thank you Mr. 953 !