elliot ness

Help with model no.

elliot ness

I got a D series tractor, here is the model no. [1 0611 9 ]& the serial No. is [1035884 ] Help ?

gwest_ca

The model number is just 1-0611.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?type=downloads_file&q=1-0611

The 9 on the end is not used but if you subtract 5 from that 6th digit you get the model year. 9-5=4=1974

You will see a 6th digit 6, 7, 8 and 9 on attachments at the time also representing the 1971, 1972, 1973 and 1974 model years.

Garry

• Like 1

Sea-Duck51

My D160 tag is 01-160S01-3157 does this make it a 1976,curious also tag below that is 9260,thx.

gwest_ca

This should explain what you have

Have added your serial number to the list

Garry

• Like 1

Sea-Duck51
25 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

This should explain what you have

Have added your serial number to the list

Garry

Thanks,found the info helpful,appears that as I thought it is a 1979 ,according to Julian date 9260 9=year 260=day 160S01-3157 16=hp O=Onan S=Sundstram 3157=production number,sound about right?.

gwest_ca

1980 models would have been released in October of 1979 just like autos today.  This coincides with Wheel Horse's fiscal year that ran October to September of the following year.

The 1979 model number is 91-16OS01.

The 1st 1 is for garden tractor as opposed to lawn tractor which was 2

At the time the 01 was the parts list identifier.

You figured out the rest.

Garry 

• Like 1

Sea-Duck51
4 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

1980 models would have been released in October of 1979 just like autos today.  This coincides with Wheel Horse's fiscal year that ran October to September of the following year.

The 1979 model number is 91-16OS01.

The 1st 1 is for garden tractor as opposed to lawn tractor which was 2

At the time the 01 was the parts list identifier.

You figured out the rest.

Garry 

You are correct my good man,after closer examination the Julian Date is 0260 not 9260 so that does make it a 1980,can't get nothing by you fine folks..lol

gwest_ca

It seems the Julian build date concept was lost quite often at Wheel Horse. I can understand the confusion because they were building 1980 models in late 1979 and 1981 models in late 1980. This happened often so don't know which is correct in your case. Toro shows the last year for the D-160 as 1980 but others have shown up. These could have been stamped incorrectly also. Have added yours to the 1981 list also but it fits better in the 1980 list.

Perhaps the engine serial number would shed some light on this if it indicates the year of manufacture. An engine built in 1981 could not land on a 1980 tractor unless it was a replacement.

Garry