jimkemp

Ugly Horse Ready For Snow

jimkemp

Well I picked up this short shoot single stage blower really cheap and got it mounted today , the tractor is UGLY but it runs and works great , last year I used a plow on it and going to try the blower this year , I will put the plow on another horse for a back up plan , I just need to put the tires with chains and I am ready5657462847fb7_2015wheelhorsewithsnowblow

• Like 6

Wishin4a416

I'm sure there is plenty of work left in the Ole girl no matter how she looks. Let it Snow!!

• Like 4

squonk

Can't hurt that one! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

jimkemp

Still have to figure out the lift part , its all hooked up but I can only lift it about 2" up and then it seems to bind up and wont go any further

AMC RULES

Almost looks like :wh: snow camo. 

• Like 1

pfrederi

Snow blowers do not lift very high.  However should do better than 2 inches.  Add some spacers (heavy washers or maybe a 3/4" shaft collar) between the long lift tube and the flag. Put them over the solid shaft of the flag before you insert it into the lift tube. 

• Like 1

squonk

What hole do you have the flag attached to?

• Like 1

jimkemp
21 minutes ago, squonk said:

What hole do you have the flag attached to?

There are two holes , I have it bolted in the upper hole right now

squonk

Sounds like the right hole. You want it in the hole closest to the rock shaft itself. 

jimkemp
12 minutes ago, squonk said:

Sounds like the right hole. You want it in the hole closest to the rock shaft itself. 

That's the hole its in , I figured the other hole wouldn't have enough leverage

Anyone know what the belt size is for this blower , its a model 66212-8 single stage , I thought there was a chart for this but all I can find is the ones for the mower decks

vinnyfish1

second hole on the lift arm is correct.... mine lifts about a foot with the hydro...as far as the belt goes the one I have worked well moving deep snow last year but needs replaced ....I hope to have time to take the belt I'm using to TSC this weekend and get it measured and replaced and will post the size ....

Mike_Eddleman

Man seeing all of y'all with blades and snow blowers really makes me want one. Living in Georgia I really don't thing it's going to happen. I looked out the other day and we had a heavy frost and I thought about getting one of mine out and just running through it. My Horse wasn't running yet but I the B110 runs great

• Like 3

DougC
6 hours ago, Mike_Eddleman said:

Man seeing all of y'all with blades and snow blowers really makes me want one. Living in Georgia I really don't thing it's going to happen. I looked out the other day and we had a heavy frost and I thought about getting one of mine out and just running through it. My Horse wasn't running yet but I the B110 runs great

I would  go out and drive it around. It gives the neighbors something to talk about, like when I pulled the lawn sweeper and had raised the snow blower up to transport position...........The looks you get!!!        Fun Stuff.       :lol:

jimkemp   Looks don't matter, it's the power and performance a good horse delivers is why we love 'em......:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

jimkemp
7 hours ago, DougC said:

I would  go out and drive it around. It gives the neighbors something to talk about, like when I pulled the lawn sweeper and had raised the snow blower up to transport position...........The looks you get!!!        Fun Stuff.       

jimkemp   Looks don't matter, it's the power and performance a good horse delivers is why we love 'em......

That's why I love this horse , it has never let me down except for a broken drive belt once and I blame that on the belt not the horse

• Like 1

gwest_ca
On 26/11/2015, 15:12:18, jimkemp said:

Anyone know what the belt size is for this blower , its a model 66212-8 single stage , I thought there was a chart for this but all I can find is the ones for the mower decks

5/8" x 69"

Make sure you get one designed to bend backwards over a flat idler pulley.

There is no snowthrower belt chart but the tractor and mower deck charts have the belt dimenions in two different lists on the last pages of each chart.

Have to use a snowthrower parts list to get the belt number.

You should turn the side extensions over or trade sides. The front 2" lip should point forward.

Garry

• Like 2

jimkemp
18 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

5/8" x 69"

Make sure you get one designed to bend backwards over a flat idler pulley.

There is no snowthrower belt chart but the tractor and mower deck charts have the belt dimenions in two different lists on the last pages of each chart.

Have to use a snowthrower parts list to get the belt number.

You should turn the side extensions over or trade sides. The front 2" lip should point forward.

Garry

Thank you for the info , the side extensions were on it when I got the blower and didn't notice them backwards until I mount it on the tractor , its been like that for a long time as I am going to have to cut the bolts or brake them with the impact gun because they are so rusted

• Like 1

DougC
18 hours ago, jimkemp said:

Thank you for the info , the side extensions were on it when I got the blower and didn't notice them backwards until I mount it on the tractor , its been like that for a long time as I am going to have to cut the bolts or brake them with the impact gun because they are so rusted

When I got my used blower the extensions were not mounted on it. I put them on later and only after seeing all the blower pictures here on the forum I realized I had them on bass ackwards . Never had one before............:lol:

• Like 2