USAFPJ

Red square 420 LSE owners

USAFPJ

Hello Red Square members happy Thanksgiving I'm just trying to find out how many Red Square owners have a 420 LSE or does anyone know how many are left I know there's only 199 as I seen one a year or so on craigslist parted out

• Sad 1

USAFPJ

Nice I just bought one last week and it's been used a lot 1357 hours on it 

he kept it clean but it needs saved

I asked him to give me the numbers on the tag as the hood plate had no numbers but the tag under the seat and he said it was faded but said it looks like 001

ill find out next week for my self

whfan74

I have two of them myself......

Here they are......

image.jpg.a3961e824e5d325cb4a12882d3dd88

image.thumb.jpg.fdfad80e70df1fff71818f07

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

RedRider

I picked one up recently too, but it's pretty ugly right now.  The tractor runs as smooth as can be, but cosmetically it will need a redone sometime in the future.  The serial tag sticker is all but gone and the plate on the hood was never engraved with the number.  I do have the Kohler serial number and was curious if there would be any correlation between that and the tractor serial numbers.  If a pattern could be established, such as sequential numbering of engine serial numbers used for the 420-LSE tractors, then perhaps I could get a close estimate of where mine was on the production line.

420LSE.jpg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

USAFPJ

You guys have cleaner ones then I have. Terry the venial guy has made up the decals FOR 420 LSE, and they look great if you folks are looking there on his web page.  Yes I too hope I can get the number of mine as well.

But still please send a note so I can try to get a total number.

PJ

• Like 1

mrc

thanks for the heads up that terry is making 420LSE decals now.   some years back i think he tried and was having difficulty reproducing the chrome look.  i tip my hat to your AFSC.  bad AZZZZ!

USAFPJ

Thanks brother served 8 years as a PJ and I'm suffering for it now being 54 LOL.

Yes Terry just sent me the ones from mine and boy does it  look great

DougC

What beautiful machines.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  I thought my '95 520H was decked out when it was new until I saw these, wow!!!

• Like 1

USAFPJ

Yes they are nice machines I'm trying to get a tally of Red Square members who own them in to see if we can get a count of how many is left out there even if it's based on percentage. I have a 520 as well and yes they are nice machines

TunaSlayet

I have the ugliest duckling, but it is really a LSE. Looking for a louvered hood, and I am getting a decal set. It is getting a complete overhaul next summer, so hopefully it will be saved from a rusty death. This one is and always be a worker. I was curious if anyone had an indication of how loud their LSE was. I have a 417-8 , and being a similar motor, I thought they would be about he same, but my LSE is VERY loud. Is it possible my muffler is gutted, or were they designed to be a little louder from the factory? Anyway, great pictures! Ill be following along to see all the clean ones, and continue to dream. 

image1 (1).JPG

image2.JPG

• Like 5

whfan74

One of mine is #85 and the other one is not stamped on the plate and the decal is too faded.

image.thumb.jpg.289ba6a06e73726edbb71266

Also.....the one that buck rancher owns has never been started.  It is a beauty!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

mikekot3

Nice equipment folks !

SylvanLakeWH
On November 26, 2015 at 12:00:22 PM, USAFPJ said:

Hello Red Square members happy Thanksgiving I'm just trying to find out how many Red Square owners have a 420 LSE or does anyone know how many are left I know there's only 199 as I seen one a year or so on craigslist parted out

Thank you for your service to our Country!

• Like 1

Shaner

I have one its not in bad shape but its been used for sure.  Can't tell what number it is tag is to faded to tel . And toro has no info when I called them ...

IMG_20150811_182944346.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

TDF5G

She's a lookin' mighty fine! 

:text-bravo:

WHX??

Nice to see it stayed in the RS family.

Cable

Mine is serial number 098.  Not shown on the hood plate but was barely visible on the fender pan decal.

I think it would be grate if all of them could come to the WHCC show.

• Like 1

whfan74

@Cable has the 420 ever been the featured tractor at the show in Arendtsville?  If not, might be kind of nice to piggy back off of the 520's.  :)

• Like 1

Cable

Never been featured as far a I know.   Love your tractor!

• Like 1

WildHorses

I currently own number 7 and number 70.

IMG_8331.JPG

• Like 3