tmix

D200 turning brakes

tmix

Just wondering if anybody has made their own turning brakes for a d200 and if they have plans or pictures on how to do it I would sure be interested in it. I think it would be a good idea to have snow plowing specially when you get stuck

"D"- Man

I have some used turning brake parts I may be willing to sell if you choose not to make all the parts.  The parts shown in this picture is only a partial representation as I failed to include the discs from my collection.

P.S. keep in mind that Wheel Horse not only offered the turning brakes on the D-200, but also offered a package for the prior year models: 18 Automatic, D-160 and D-180.  There are two different model #s and some parts will swap though others may not.  Also worth noting is Cub Cadet offered a system of disc brakes on some of their models that have some parts that can be used on Wheel Horse {see the yellowish colored parts in picture.}

157.thumb.jpg.e873d2c2b714275aaebe2fb3dd858b0e.jpg

• Like 1

Mike_Eddleman

The list of parts you have just brought up a question, you list them to fit a 18 automatic and a D 180, are they not the same tractor? mine had 18 automatic on the side but I was told on here that it was a d180, I;m not meaning to jump this tread but wad just wondering

"D"- Man
7 hours ago, Mike_Eddleman said:

The list of parts you have just brought up a question, you list them to fit a 18 automatic and a D 180, are they not the same tractor? mine had 18 automatic on the side but I was told on here that it was a d180, I;m not meaning to jump this tread but wad just wondering

Mike, my understanding is that the 18 Automatic was only made in 1973, then the D-180 was made starting in 1974.

The turning brakes for the 18 Automatic was model #8-1901 the turning brakes for say a 1975 D-160, D-180 or a D-200 would be model #8-1903, if I am not mistaken, Mark.