chorusguy

case 644 info

chorusguy

Looking at a case 644 with loader.  But I know nothing about these machines.  Any info would be appreciated in terms of maintenance, dependability, parts availability.  Additionally, I know that a backhoe attachment was available for these machines but am wondering if other brands of backhoe attachments would work.

Thanks

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I would suggest you go to the CCI site and do some reading. Colt Case Ingersoll. I am a member there, its like red square, but geared for colt case and ingersoll tractors instead of wheel horse tractors. I have read about that machine but am by far no one to advise you on it. Good luck.

Glenn

chorusguy

Thanks Glenn. Great suggestion.  Do you have a link?

Rollerman

Very sturdy machines...they were built as a loader tractor, not a loader added to a GT.

The 644 would of had a Kohler 14HP, Case's two range hydraulic driven transmission & manual steering. 

They also made a 646 & 648 with Onan power.

The 648 had power steering.

They will take more abuse than a GT with a loader added to it.

Parts can be had through Case/Ingersoll sources & are more pricey than your average Wheel Horse parts.

I would think one the machine was dialed in (serviced, any worn parts replaced) it would be pretty trouble free other than typical high wear/maintenance stuff.

I really can't help with the back hoe attachments...they were made for the 644, 646, & 648, but it might be easier to find an off brand & adapt it.

Edited by Rollerman

shallowwatersailor

Out of curiosity I went searching. I found an interesting thread on another forum with discussion on this model. One owner had replaced the Kohler with the Yanmar-clone diesel and was very pleased.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
8 hours ago, chorusguy said:

Thanks Glenn. Great suggestion.  Do you have a link?

Dennis beat me to the punch.

Glenn

DennisThornton

I've wanted an all hydraulic Case/Ingersol for years!  None have ever popped up close by someday one will be within range!