rmaynard

My Spine Surgery

JC 1965

Glad to hear your home Bob and doing well. I second what Bob said. Take care of your back. When you're young you don't think about your back but when you get old and have back trouble, the pain won't let you think about anything else.   :jaw:

• Like 3

Ed Kennell
5 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Okay guys and think before you use your back rather than your legs to lift.

Good advice for the younguns Bob, but I'm afraid it's too late for  most of us.

I'm trying to decide which to have fixed first...back needs fused,  both hands need carpal tunnel, and the left knee needs replaced. I guess the knee should be first, when I walk in the Mall, it pops so loud I see the people in the vicinity ducking their heads.  :hide:

• Like 6

953 nut

Glad to hear you are home, Mrs. "M" is going to have her hands full being your care giver. Had my six month follow up exam this morning, Doc compared the post-surgical Xray to today's and everything is still where it is supposed to be! :woohoo:

Be good and do exactly what your wife tells you to do (while she is watching).  :ychain:

• Like 5

rmaynard

Dick, that is great news. I'm glad to hear you are doing well.

Mrs. M told me that I needed a shower, so I just got my first shower, changed my clothes, put on my socks and shoes, and got back into the recliner with my smartphone. Mrs M only had to dry my back. I am having little to no pain. Only two Extra-strength Tylenol since 8 a.m.. I don't know if I'm wired differently, but so far I must say that this is much a different experience than I was expecting. Also, according to my pedometer app, I have walked 4600 steps today. That's 2.1 miles. I guess it is time for a nap. :sleeping-sleep:

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

That's great news Bob.  Glad it is going well.  Just a caution, don't get discouraged if you get some discomfort in a few days when the meds totally wear off.

• Like 3

JimD

Atta boy Bob...

KeepOnTruckin_LG.jpg

• Like 4

Wheel-N-It

Sounds like you are making big progress Bob !  I believe the Red Square prayers have a lot of power  (even more than a K341 Kohler) :) 

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

Lookin good Bob.   That should keepem lined up.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:blink: Wonder, is that the same repair they'll do for my slipped disc?   :scratchead:

tunahead72

Bob, you sure those aren't just zip ties? :)

• Like 1

953 nut

Looking good, just about like mine!  If all of us who are members of the titanium club got together we would have more hardware than Ace! :ychain:

• Like 4

roadapples

Glad things are going well Bob. Got me beat, only four screws and a plate in my neck. Be two years come January. And Red Square really helped me pass the time.

• Like 3

dclarke

Glad to hear you're doing good, Bob!..... What's the torque setting on those screws? 

• Like 4

Coadster32

Cool x-rays. Glad to hear your mobile without too much pain either. Will still be in our thoughts.

JC 1965

Sounds like you're doing fine Bob. Glad to hear. Did the doctor go through your back or abdomen when performing the surgery ? Thanks for sharing the X-Rays.      :thumbs2:

WHX??

1 hour ago, dclarke said:

What's the torque setting on those screws?

I'm wondering did the Doc shoot all that hardware with a coat of  Regal RED before he put it in?? :)

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair
On December 2, 2015 at 6:27 PM, DougC said:

We're all glad you didn't have a wardrobe malfunction when that picture was taken Bob............ You're no Janet Jackson.........:lol:

I don't think anyone wanted to see Janet, either....

Martin

Really happy for you Bob that your recovery is going so well. Keep it up!!!

rmaynard
8 hours ago, JC 1965 said:

Sounds like you're doing fine Bob. Glad to hear. Did the doctor go through your back or abdomen when performing the surgery ? Thanks for sharing the X-Rays.      

Through the back.

10 hours ago, dclarke said:

Glad to hear you're doing good, Bob!..... What's the torque setting on those screws? 

I'm sure there is a proper torque, and knowing the success of my surgeon, he had the book open. 

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Nice hardware Bob! Happy to know you are still making good progress :) 

• Like 1

tunahead72
2 hours ago, rmaynard said:

I'm sure there is a proper torque, and knowing the success of my surgeon, he had the book open.

Oh, so your surgeon is also your Kohler machine shop guy!  Nice!

Seriously Bob, it's good to hear you're doing well. :thumbs:

• Like 1

rmaynard

With hands and nails as pristine as his, I doubt that he has ever come close to a Kohler engine.

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

Wow, those are some impressive screws. They put mine to shame. Does it appear that the hardware will be visible under your skin? I know where my plate is. It rubs across the rocker panel every time I get out of a car. Luckily it doesn't on the truck.

953 nut
52 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

With hands and nails as pristine as his, I doubt that he has ever come close to a Kohler engine.

Personally I consider clean hands a plus for a surgeon, just funny that way.  :ychain:

• Like 3