wheelhorsekid

No name horse

wheelhorsekid

So I'm going to take a look at a 14hp no name WH today. I'm not familiar with them. Can anyone shed some light for me? Are they rare? Why no name?

KC9KAS

It would be a 1973 model....Just a period of time when Wheel Horse changed the number/name thing so 30-40-50 years down the road everyone would ask ....Why....

• Like 4

wheelhorsekid

Thanks! Doesn't sound rare at all, like I thought it might be. The owner is asking $600 and it is in fairly decent orginal condition. Does that price seem in line?

Tankman

Great Horse!

Christian_WH_73.jpg

• Like 1

Horse46

Does it come with any attachments? You are in a different part of the world from me but even so I think thats a lot for one without any.

953 nut

You will have to be the judge on it's value. If it is what you have been looking for, in terrific condition with the attachments you want and is close by then it's a bargain.   :twocents-02cents:         If you are disappointed at first glance then price really isn't a major consideration. I have had to pass on a few geographically undesirable  :wh:   that I really wanted to buy, but have never bought one just because it was low priced or close by.

Let us know a little more once you have seen it, also    :wwp:

• Like 1

baerpath

At 600 I'd pass if it's the one in Carmel

RedRider

I have a mostly original 12 Auto and it is a very reliable tractor.  My only complaint about it is the "console shift" feature, which puts the shifter down on the console between your legs.  The short hydrostatic shifter is very touchy and somewhat awkward to operate in comparison to the long shifter rod from earlier and later models that routed up along the right side of the tower and seemed a bit more forgiving to operate.  

wheelhorsekid

I decided to pass on it. I only considered as it was close to 16HP. I sold off 2 C-160's last year and regret it. I'm down to three C-160's and C-161 now. Goal for 2016 is to find at least two more orginals C-160's to add to the herd. 

• Like 1