Ed Kennell

Anyone lose a horse in Red Lion ?

Ed Kennell

Look what I found on my trailer this morning !IMG_5121.thumb.JPG.45cc91ba94521b16287a3IMG_5116.thumb.JPG.fd6ad88fc33d2d831f3d2

Was that extendable foot rest a WH option?

IMG_5119.thumb.JPG.e6f387a57421541cdc656

Found this in the truck bed.

IMG_5120.thumb.JPG.45813ad3bafcc12294ec7

I did drive by Steve Farmers Auction last night after delivering some horses to their winter storage barn in Red Lion.   It was after dark...maybe that's where it  it jumped on .

• Like 7

slammer302

Nice score looks ready to work!

• Like 1

ericj

nice score Ed that's only about the 2 nd 75 C120 that I've seen with hydraulic lift, and I own the first one. I've been trying to decide if I want to part with mine or not. It comes in real handy with the solid bar in there for down pressure. i have some pictures in my gallery of it pushing dirt with both front wheel off the ground. what are your plans for it keep or move it down the line. what ever you do good luck

eric j 

• Like 1

608KEB

Nice haul! It can't have to many hours on it. It still has the factory rubber foot rests on it. I have a 75 C-120 auto with a manual lift. I bought a 520H to replace it. I can't bring myself to sell it. The 12 h.p. Kohler has enough h.p. to do most jobs! 

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 1

Brian01

Nice..:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice :wh: score Ed...  :handgestures-thumbupright:

just saw the 3rd hyd lift 120 on Ebay. 

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

nylyon

I had a C-120 hydraulic lift too.  My understanding is that the lift was an accessory which came with the foot rest.  I haven't looked, but I bet that we have the manual in the manuals section.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ed. you sure santa didnt drop it in? 

best if luck.

Glenn

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Quite a haul Ed. Nice score!!!

• Like 2

KC9KAS
57 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

you sure santa didnt drop it in?

That is what I thought....Early Christmas present!

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, ericj said:

nice score Ed that's only about the 2 nd 75 C120 that I've seen with hydraulic lift, and I own the first one. I've been trying to decide if I want to part with mine or not. It comes in real handy with the solid bar in there for down pressure. i have some pictures in my gallery of it pushing dirt with both front wheel off the ground. what are your plans for it keep or move it down the line. what ever you do good luck

eric j 

Thanks Eric, do you have any history on this one?     I never went to any of Steve Farmers auctions. I just happened to go by Sat morning on my way to watch the PSU game at my sons home in Dover and saw the 120.   I stopped and left an absentee bid and when I stopped back after the game at 5PM, I discovered I owned the WH.

I have been threating to reduce the herd for some time, and now I buy two more in the past month, so this one may be for sale.

Check the classified, I will list it here a week or two before I put it on CL. 

Ed Kennell

Well, I had time to check the numbers today.  The hood decals and the tractor ID plate both indicate it is a 1974 C-120 automatic  M/N 1  0495  9  S/N  46433.

This should be the same tractor as my other C-120 with the HH120 Tecumseh, but it has a Kohler. So I checked the engine numbers K-341S 71128A    4372428.

The Kohler manual says this engine was made in 1972 and Wheel Horse first used it in 1975 in the C-160 automatic.  Yep it's a 16HP thumper with a 10 bolt head.

I found some yellow paint on the engine, but it was over the edges of the ID plate, so I suspect it was in a WH C-160 originally, then may have been repainted yellow for some reason and spent time in a Cub Cadet, then was transplanted  into this C-120  and repainted red.   Anyway I have a C-120 with a  16 horse Kohler that mows very well and tried to dig it's way to China when I chained it to a tree and turned it loose to check the tranny.IMG_5115.thumb.JPG.d2711c3a39f6b1d3f082fIMG_5123.thumb.JPG.533c5006edde2e7bd9800IMG_5122.thumb.JPG.70f9bf68de4660845fa68IMG_5134.thumb.JPG.804dad1d03d8204d08abc

• Like 4

jackhammer

I think you are very lucky that you didn't pull that tree down.

Nice tractor

• Like 3

JC 1965

Very nice !!    :thumbs2:

• Like 1

evanloock

The hydraulic lift did not come with a new footrest, but a u-shaped bracket that attached to the tractor frame and the underside of the footrest moving it outboard of the lift cylinder.  

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Thanks for the info on the lift option. 

I was actually sarcastically referring to the 3/4" copper pipe and elbow foot rest extension. It has one on both sides and it does make for a more comfortable ride.  Sort of like riding a Harley with your feet on the high foot pegs.

I see It  also  came with an optional throttle lock

IMG_5116.thumb.JPG.c5d912418cb8f23013436

Zeek

Nice find!!  Don't forget to take the weed out of the end of the pipe before the cops see it :law-policeblue:

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

Hmm.:eusa-think:..shows how old I am.   I thought those "pipes" were foot rests.  :huh:

• Like 2

Tankman

My Horse slipped out in Green Lane. When should I pick the Stallion up?

Tomorrow would be OK. Extra seats for myself and two grandsons will work.

Pumpkin pie?

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Sorry Tank....another RS member already claimed the horse, but We can make room at the table for all.  :romance-grouphug::text-welcomewave:

• Like 2