Sign in to follow this  
linen beige

How to jump STOP a semi

linen beige

Anybody else see this? :hide:

By coincidence, my oldest daughter hit a deer with her car Thursday night. Broken windshield and headlight. :hide:

Perfect time of year for a raining deer story! :D

MARKLE, Ind. -- Police in Indiana say five deer that wandered onto a highway overpass have jumped to their deaths on Interstate 69, one of them crashing through a tractor-trailer's windshield.

Indiana Department of Natural Resources spokesman John Salb says the deer may have been spooked by cars as they were crossing the overpass Friday. They fell 20 to 30 feet onto the highway.

Police say the driver of the tractor-trailer rig struck by one of the deer was not injured.

Late fall is stressful for deer because it is hunting season, said DNR spokesman Phil Bloom said.

Farmers are also removing the last of their crops from the fields, reducing the animals' food supply as the animals' breeding season is in full swing.

Information from: The Journal Gazette.

Pacific Dog

My wife's family is from the Buffalo area and we would often drive the turnpike (I-90) from Boston to visit. Now I am from California and I couldn't believe that New York state had huge portable digital signs on the sides of the highway flashing beware of deer warnings.

Then we would drive through the "killing fields". Deer corpses and blood stains one right after another. I certainly slowed down and started paying attention for those glowing beady eyes at the side road getting ready to jump out and do us in too. Like some sort of white-tail-herbivore-suicide jihadists.

64s

:hide: :D:hide:

Late fall is stressful for deer because it is hunting season

Who Told The Deer It Was Hunting Season???????

KyBlue

:hide::D:hide:

Late fall is stressful for deer because it is hunting season

Who Told The Deer It Was Hunting Season???????

Guess the secret is out...

jerrell

:hide: The Deer suddenly find out it's deer season on a Saturday morning, when there is about a thousand BOOMS goes off at 0600 hours. they jump and scatter just as i would. :D

linen beige

Perfect time of year for a raining deer story! :hide:

Nobody gonna comment on the reindeer pun? :hide:

Was it really THAT bad? :D

My daughter didn't think it was funny when I asked her if the one she hit went BAMMMMMbi! <_<