Sign in to follow this  
73-18 automatic

Gas Tank

73-18 automatic

I cannot remember if it was on this site or another but here it is worked on gas tank for my 18 automatic and my D-160 put rocks in it and strapped it to my PK and it really works worked real good just trying to remember what to use on the inside or how to finish cleaning it out hope this helps anyone pics are below IM001153.jpgIM001152.jpg 18 automatic tank needs some work IM001151.jpgIM001147.jpg is it wrong to use another tractor to work on a WH :hide:IM001146.jpg

rustbucket

POR-15 marine clean and then their tank sealer to put a coat along the inside of the tank to seal it nice and fluid tight. you also want to use their metal etching prep before useing the sealer for the tank.

http://www.por15.com/prodinfo.asp?grp=FTRK&dept=12

link to one of their kits.

73-18 automatic

Cool thanks how about hole repair I guess brazing it would work thanks and how much does one quart of sealer do or how big of a tanks thanks again Doug

rustbucket

mm welding or brazeing yeah but after you have the holes patched i'd use this kit to seal the inside of the tank fully so you wont have head aches later on down the line.

73-18 automatic

thanks again but is it true will one quart do up to 25 gallons thanks

rustbucket

well i am currently doing the gas tank off my GT-14 since the PO let the non stock muffler melt into the tanks side and cause a leak. i patched the hole useing POR-15's 2 part epoxy putty and i have to say it dose hold the fuel and not a sighn of a leak. i will be useing the sealant soon and if you fallow the dirrections that come with the stuff yeah i do belive it will coat a 25 gallon tank your supposed to slosh it around pour out the excess and let dry then repeat till you have several layers of selant in the tank.

htopjimmy26

I love the tumbler design, with a little work you could use it as a tractor :hide: . Seriously, nice Power King, they were a very respectable brand R.I.P.

73-18 automatic

Thanks it is in really good shape for being around 19 years old I do have a 48" mower deck also but thanks again