jhunsch

Mule drive Cast Iron pulleys & replaceable bearings.

jhunsch

1st time I have seen these.
What are they worth compared to the run of the mill flat and idler pulleys.

P1110798.JPG

P1110799.JPG

• Like 2

953 nut

Considering the fact that a replacement sealed bearing will cost $3 to $5 and an idler will cost $20+ I would say you are lucky to have them. 

can whlvr

my 75 c160 came with a cast pulley mule drive,they are much better than the pressed pulleys,but must have cost wheelhorse a fair bit more ,so they probally had to go cheaper,not that the pressed mule drive pulley,s didn't last along time,and a guy doesn't mind having to put a set of pulleys after 20 years,i think I got my money out of my first mule drive

daveoman1966

I have 8 or 10 of the original cast iron V and FLAT pulleys with NEW press-fit  bearings & internal snap ring.  contact me at this link for price and details:

daveoman@windstream.net   

slammer302

@daveoman1966 do you know a part number for the replacement bearings? 

daveoman1966

d the aI am in the hospital at this moment (COPD event).  M ethinks the # are on the bearings...at home.  I  am trapped here until Monday.

tunahead72

Any updates on your situation there, Dave (your health, not the bearings :))?

daveoman1966

Finally home body.....after 10-day stint in hosp. Miserable, at the minimum. 

Bngs are in my shop. and I will try to get them for you.  However, I would much rather sell all that I've collected...and the cast iron pulleys...in one LOT to someone. 

I say that because, my COPD has so destroyed my6 lungs that it is NOT safe for me to deal with ANYTHING that may carry any sort of strong odor ..... gas, kero, carb cleaner, paint, aerosol, etc and I don't even want to go onto my shop because of that.  Everything is sitting right on my workbench....EVERYTHING.

Let me give it some thought....maybe my son will show up on T'day and box the parts to bring in my office to sort out for you...and others.

tunahead72

Sorry to hear that Dave, hope you're feeling better soon.  You're an important part of this forum, and I hope to continue seeing your comments here for a long time to come. :handgestures-thumbupright: