Cole J.

Hey I'm new to this forum

Cole J.

Hey I'm new I was recommended over to this forum for advice about my charger 10 automatic restoration.

1493578b312f25d36305ae229c3583e5.jpg

9323ff620e3703f4827408d4a7b209f2.jpg

874dcd2a598906c674ad54dd309bcb39.jpg

There it is it is in need of new gaskets on the engine this is kohlor. I'm going to paint it and other thing like that.

Sorry for the bad spelling and when I give more details later about this it sounds like I live with my parents because I do I'm 15 just throwing that out there[emoji3]

• Like 6

C-101plowerpower

welcome aboard cole, good to see some more youngsters getting into the hobby:D

• Like 1

Brian01

Welcome to the best spot on the world wide web, and great start on your resto. Anything youll need to know, some one here can tell ya. And agree with C101..nice to see young'ens havin' such an interested in WH tractors....your addiction has just begun.

• Like 2

DougC

Welcome Cole J.        :text-welcomeconfetti:   What a great project.         Enjoy the forum..........:)

Thor27

Welcome, nice project!

JP 141

Welcome Cole !!  Don't be afraid to ask any questions ( there are no dumb questions ) everyone here loves the Wheel Horse brand and the help and advise is without question the best you can get...Lots of good topics here as well....sometimes I will just sit and read them and find that I learn more that fits what I am looking for, and some that Im not, knowledge is a powerful tool !! Good to see the project, Keep us posted with more pics !!

• Like 2

KC9KAS
@Cole J. :WRS: and thanks for the photos!

WHX??
:text-yeahthat: There are quite a few guys here from Ohio and might be able to give you a hand if they are close by. Don't worry about the speling some of the old members here can't spel neigher!

:WRS:
  • Like 4

Cole J.

Haha I have never been a good speller and thanks for the welcome I will keep you guys posted on the restoration it is sort of going slow right now but hopeful I can get going on it soon.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

953 nut
:text-welcomeconfetti:         Always glad to see a younger member come on board, wish I had a web site like this to help me when I was your age; heck, I was 50 when the internet came about so I don't guess that would have helped!   :ychain:
  • Like 6

JPWH
:WRS: enjoy your restoration. Ask for help when you need it and be patient. Sometimes it will be hard but it is always fun. In the end you will have a tractor that will last a lifetime and you will enjoy.

JC 1965

stevasaurus

Welcome Aboard Cole  :)  953 nut talks about the internet...ha...you should have been here when we were chiseling hilowgliphs (sp) on rocks.  :handgestures-thumbupright:
Looks like it is going to be a nice restore.

• Like 4

Brian01

LoL on chiseling hilowgliphs :lol:

rmaynard

:WRS:  We are glad to have some younger members like you Cole. Many of us are getting old and falling apart, so a new crop of horse tamers is always welcome to keep the hobby going. I have a Wheel Horse buddy who's grandson is named Cole. They restored a Charger 10 that they bought from me a couple of years ago. If you want to see pictures of what it can look like when it's done, just let me know and I will post them.

• Like 4

Cole J.

What a coincidence if you could post the pictures that would be great. It would definitely give me something to work off of since my dad isn't assisting me in much. He wants me do to it by myself I guess, that fine with me though. [emoji1]

953 nut

What a coincidence if you could post the pictures that would be great. It would definitely give me something to work off of since my dad isn't assisting me in much. He wants me do to it by myself I guess, that fine with me though. emoji1.png

You can count yourself as the son of a very wise father. Too many father and son projects end up with dad showing the son how good HE is rather than letting the son learn how to research a topic and overcome obstacles. Ultimately you will develop a great deal of pride and self confidence by doing it your self.         :text-bravo:

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

Welcome!

Cole J.
Here are a couple of pics of the finished Charger 10

CH10-1.thumb.jpg.3ea38d4ce2bf36928bedee35eeb31ed4.jpgch10-5.thumb.jpg.aac4d7b064b8846b8bd42aad4ae420b4.jpgch10-6.thumb.jpg.6180724566d327e4dc19a5c6851e2fc7.jpg

CH10-2.thumb.jpg.b6eb155cfceb0514f386ef9870562d6d.jpg

CH10-3.thumb.jpg.e417127de9549c42f77ca15af7037ab3.jpg

ch10-4.thumb.jpg.54fa7efba7ac844ce35056006623525f.jpg

Thanks for the great picks i have a few question i know I'm no were near these steps but I'd like to know ( if you cant answer them that's fine). Are the stickers original or new, is the white center column plate new or original, is the decal on the hood added on or is it original. I ... think that's all I was going to ask.

Oh! Also from the looks of the pic is the black switch board one or two pieces.

• Like 3

rmaynard

All of the decals are reproductions of the originals. One of our vendors Vinylguy, makes the decals. The center plate was originally silk screened, but Vinylguy makes a decal to cover it. You can see all of his product at redoyourhorse.com

• Like 5

Vinylguy

Welcome to the forum Cole. As my ole buddy bob says, many of us are getting old and really get excited to see the younger generation getting involved with these amazing tractors. 
Hey Bob!! I had not seen those pics before. Do you think it would be ok for me to use them on my website? 

• Like 2

rmaynard
@Vinylguy PM sent

Cole J.

What do you guys use for cleaning plastics like the knobs and handles?