Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Carb ID help

Dave

I need to rebuild the carb for my K181. The carb looks like it might be the Kohler built one, but the adjustment screws are on the right side and the picture in the manual shows them on the left side.

I went to NAPA and they couldn't figure out which rebuild kit to order.

If anyone knows where to get the kit, and the part number of the kit, I'd really, really, appreciate it. :hide:

Pacific Dog

Hello Dave -

I just ordered and received a rebuild kit for what the Kohler manual and Toro website said should be a Carter carburetor... Pulled it off and it's a Walbro *#+%!!!

There was so much gasoline varnish in the carb I have no idea how the fuel was able to pass through. I ordered the parts online from M and D Mower, wait and see.

I snapped a pic of the stripped Walbro carb, the float and baffle. Also the carb ID engraved on the top of the mounting flange. That's how I was able to identify what I needed.

Hope it helps.

IMG_2469a.JPG

IMG_2481a.JPG

Dave

Thanks. Now I know I do not have that carb. Mine doesn't say Walbro and all the adjustments are on the opposite side.

I'll take some pictures later and post them. That might help.

I definitely need a rebuild kit. Yesterday I took the carb apart and cleaned it. When I took out the float bowl gasket it expanded about an inch and won't fit now.