JAinVA

LEAF HARVEST 2015

JAinVA

Just thought I'd post a picture of the 416-8 at a refueling stop during the 2015 leaf harvest. The leaf vac is the reason I got back into Wheel Horses after twenty years because a riding lawn mower would not handle the load.

2015.11.13.1402.JPG

• Like 6

Don1977

That will get the job done,  I put mine together last week a picked up a load on Saturday.

AMC RULES
Nice :wh: rig...   :lol:
gonna can any of this years harvest? 
  • Like 1

shallowwatersailor

The best way to deal with leaves! Very nice.

Retired Wrencher

JA. Nice set up. That looks like it pick up some leaves. Is hard to unload? Enjoy. Gary    B....

Tankman
Very nice JA! Leaves got-a-go!

Don't have a vac, found one for a friend, great implement (if we can call it that).

I am surrounded by woods just blow the leaves up 'n  out. Picture = my 2 best "fall" friends.

Then, remove thatch! (Sorry, studied agronomy (grass)).

leaves.png

Dethatch_520-8.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

DougC

Just thought I'd post a picture of the 416-8 at a refueling stop during the 2015 leaf harvest. The leaf vac is the reason I got back into Wheel Horses after twenty years because a riding lawn mower would not handle the load.

2015.11.13.1402.JPG

That big Agri Fab makes my little Agri Fab lawn sweeper look like a childs toy.............:lol:

Tankman
And a great Horse. Grandson uses our 416-8, prays for ugly wet white junque!

Christian_Plow-www.jpg

• Like 1

c-series don

"Leaf Harvest " I love it. 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

cyclone rake. makes it pretty fine grounds. 
does great. sorry its rigged for kinda red. not the horse.

Glenn

20151109_144718.jpg

20151115_143306.jpg

20151114_161846.jpg

• Like 2

Tankman
Very nice Glenn! Dumping in the street? Must have leaf pickup. Excellent!
  • Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
Very nice Glenn! Dumping in the street? Must have leaf pickup. Excellent!

thank you. yes we have street pickup for the leaves. since I was a kid you cant burn them. that pile when I was done was darn near 100ft. 2 acres of more leaves than I like. my kid brother is in that picture. he says since seeing the cycline rake why worry bout leaves any more.  but it sure mulches those leaves small.  a pic of them in the hopper.

Glenn

20151115_142726.jpg

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

Smokey

Nice leaf setups! Wish I had one right now, It's a really good year for leaves here. :o

JAinVA

Actually we do harvest the leaves.For over twenty-five years we gathered and shredded the leaves for compost for the garden.We used to rake and shred, then added a MTD shredder vac.That worked great until I wore out chasing it. Several years ago my wife started mulching the garden plants.Three to four inches deep and no more weeds.The first picture is some of this year,s leaf harvest and the last is of the garden when mulched. The mulch pile has unprocessed Beech leaves from a nearby tree laying on it. I modified the Agri-fab to shred the leaves as well as vacuum them.The increased weight is why I say a lawn mower won't handle the load. Luck, JAinVA   (Jim)

IMG_2201.JPG

0601131822a.jpg

• Like 3

AMC RULES
:rolleyes: Kitty likes 'em too. 

JAinVA

Salem thought she was in litter box heaven.

• Like 1

DougC

Poop in the garden makes the veggies grow...........:lol:

Tankman

"Leaf Harvest " I love it. 

Leaf Harvest should be a annual completion! Let's see the lawns and drives sparkle.

Had a lot of leaf duty when I was a teen in Merrick, LI.
;)