RickF

leaky GT 14 transmission

RickF

Hello, 
  My '69 GT14 trans. (Sundstrand) has developed a leak where the fwd/reverse slide linkage goes into the trans.  I want to go into it to stop it. Has anyone else had this problem? Can parts be purchased at any auto parts store or Toro dealer? I'm guessing maybe it's an O-ring? Is there a kit for this,  does it need any particular seal? or can I just find things readly available? Thank you for your help.   Rick

953 nut

Here is the manual for the transmission. It is a Sundstrand 90-2062 model 1-7441 but that part is the same as the 90-2046 used from '68 to '73 on other models.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/24-transmission-hydro-sundstrand-sm-492-4206pdf/

Open part 4 of this download and you can see some illustrations on pages 50 and 55 that may be helpful. I have not done this particular job, but other "O" Rings I'v replacer on my hydrogear have been standard sizes available at a NAPA store. 

Hope this helps.

RickF

Thanks Rich, I appreciate that.

KC9KAS

The "O" rings are NLA from TORO....I just checked a couple of weeks ago. I ended up with new "O" ring from a bearing shop......and it didn't help the leak problem!
Good luck on yours.

RickF

That doesn't sound good.  A lot of work to go through, only to still be leaking.  Thanks for your help.