adgecutler

Raider 10 stolen

adgecutler

My Raider 10 has been stolen.  If you hear anything of this tractor please let me know. Many thanks, Jamie.
Tractor and rotovator as stolen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ_WpDiEvrQ

AMC RULES
Sorry for your :wh: loss. 
Did you also post a heads up here? 

http://myoldmachine.com/

C-101plowerpower

sorry for your loss, lets hope you'll get it back soon!
in the meantime it would be very usefull to also put it up as stolen on My Old Machine too like Craig said

callum12

i will be on the look out for you, on eBay and the like. if you haven't found it by the rally season i'd recommend going to all the steam/vintage vehicle rallies you can, I hate to judge but there are often large lorries full of old agricultural equipment and machinery. i'm sure 99.9999% of those guys are totally honest but you never know. 
very sorry to hear for your loss :mellow:
callum 

adgecutler

Thanks for the replies gentlemen, I will look into "my old machine", in fact I think I remember being asked to join some time ago by a gentleman who collects horses in Somerset. I never did join as my main interest is Stationary engines, so I do visit rallies and will look out there if it does not find its way home sooner.
I have been using the power of FaceBook to try and find the tractor, here's the story so far.
I had taken the horse to a friends house locally where it was being used to rotovate his garden, it was left stored in a barn away from any public access or rights of way. On Sunday morning my friend noticed the gate was ajar and horse missing, he asked his son to contact me to see if I had collected it. I rarely look at Emails but unusually I did last night to find a message that "Dad" was worried etc. I went to the Police station this morning hoping there had been a dumped tractor found as I suspected it to be louts having a play around after visiting a very nearby pub. I was informed that no such thing had been reported but gave the tractors and my own details. A short while later I  posted of my loss on a local FaceBook "items for sale page" as it has a large following. Within a very short time I had several people telling me it had been dumped in a small lane within half of a mile of where it was taken from, one lady was actually coming home at 2 am the night it went and saw it. She and at least one other reported it using the Police 101 service and have reference numbers, one person also has CCTV which overlooks the area it was left and has recorded the precise time two men were seen leaving the area 1:23am. Another person contacted me saying he was going to put it in the shed when he was told the Police were on the way. Anyhow, the Police did arrive, they simply moved it to the side of the lane and left. It was there around thirty hours, but, it is no longer, I'm still looking around and asking about but it seems it has vanished from where it was originally dumped :( .

C-101plowerpower

Im guessing the bloke in Somerset is Neil, one of the mods on here and on my old machine. And since your into stationairy engines i think you'll like MoM, we have a dedicated section for that

adgecutler

Yes it was Neil, I met him at a rally in Somerset a few years ago and I think he posted in my regular forum "stationary engine forum" about MoM, if my memory serves me correctly he also posted about a Lister D type powered orchard sprayer?  I have now registered with "my old machine" but sadly I'm unable to start a topic? Anybody else is welcome to share my plight on there and I would be grateful.

C-101plowerpower

It says your still validating, i allready posted a link to this topic in the shoutbox but that doesnt stay. Maybe want to look in your mailbox to activate your account

adgecutler

No, nothing in Email as of yet, I'm desperate to make this tractor too hot to touch as it is more than a plaything or work tool, it holds memories of my childrens happy faces and was a special treat especially on birthdays when it would haul a trailer full of my son and daughter and  their smiling friends, much more fun than a regular party :)

Racinbob

I do understand the memories. Best of luck to you on getting it back.

meadowfield

sad news, hope you get it back

mikekot3

Perhaps make up a flier with a picture and description along with a small reward and give them to all local farm and lawn mower dealers. Put it online on the local lawn and gardens section of your version of craigslist free ad section with STOLEN antique red tractor.

Horse46

I'll keep a look out on the for sale sites, you never know it may head my way.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thats stinks, will be on the lookout for you.

glenn

adgecutler

Thank you all very much for your help and suggestions. The local NVTEC group have now been made aware. I have found out a little more upon revisiting the dumping site, a couple of houses along from where it was dumped for the thirty hours I spoke to a lady that was in her garden. She recalled that the little tractor was the talking point for the neighbours and told me she though it had gone on Monday but then noticed it had been pushed into the garden next to hers, the owners who have only just moved there were on holiday but a tradesman was fitting windows. It sat on the driveway probably another night and then was gone. The owners of the house returned on Wednesday to find everything as usual, when I called on Thursday the owners called the window fitter who is a friend of theirs, he had brought it in realised it was out of fuel and left it on their drive but the next day (Tuesday) it went. I have done a lot of walking around the area now and cannot find one tyre track on any of the very wet turf, this convinces me that it was loaded either into a trailer or van from the driveway and not riden away as before.

neil

This tractor was stolen in UK, 
i will keep my ears & eyes open for any news that may arise about this , I guess it was stolen from the south west area of UK ????
lets hope she surfaces safe n well soon , 
posting a picture could help and announcing the theft on facebook could also help.

adgecutler

Thanks Neil. The tractor was stolen from Yate near Bristol, most of the information I have gleaned so far has been via Facebook where asked on the "items for sale in Yate and Chipping Sodbury" group. If anyone would care to join that group most of the story and some reports are written there although quite a bit was via private messages or talking to people in person. I would quite like to speak to the window fitter involved but was told by the homeowner that he is a friend and I didn't want to appear too intrusive by digging for more info as they where quite helpful themselves.

DSC00968.jpg

Wheel-N-It
Sorry to hear this happened to you. Don't let anger overtake you and sooner or later you will find it or something else good will come your way to take its place. This may sound silly to some but its true.

adgecutler

For some reason I have not received a validation Email from My old Machine forum despite trying twice, but thanks to those that have been posting on the thread there.  

Rob.A.700

why would some one do such a thing? I hope your horse returns home soon.

Wheel-N-It

why would some one do such a thing? I hope your horse returns home soon.

This world would be a much much better place if everyone would just follow the simple 10 Commandments.

• Like 4

neil

For some reason I have not received a validation Email from My old Machine forum despite trying twice, but thanks to those that have been posting on the thread there.  

what validation email do you require from My Old Machine?  , I will see what I can do .

• Like 1

DennisThornton
Not much I can say, nothing I can do, I'm most never without words :( but DARN!  That's just awful!  Like stealing your dog or kid or something!  Not sure about there but here, not all that long ago, stealing your horse could get you shot!

adgecutler

I'm really feeling quite sickened by this now, I have since found out it was moved into the driveway of a house just two doors along from where it was originally dumped. It was put onto the driveway by a window fitter working at the house, the owners were on holiday. I have called at the house to ask about it, the residents were unaware of all this but called the window fitter when the next door neighbour confirmed he had put it on their drive, he confirmed he had moved it into the driveway but it then disappeared on Tuesday. In effect it was stolen twice within three days.

Sorry to be a nuisance Neil, I have asked to resend the validation Email three times and still I have received nothing, I've checked my spam box too. Perhaps I entered my Email incorrectly when applying?

tractorhogg

It would seem to me that the reluctance of the owners to disclose the name of the window fitter means that either they or the window fitter are hiding something. I would tell the homeowners that you intend giving this information to the police, unless you already have, and see if they do not cough up information. What you really need to do as soon as possible is take the information to every scrap yard or metal salvage in the area, you made the machine too hot to handle, the thief may try to destroy the evidence rather than get caught. Make sure you let the salvage yards know that a reward is involved.