grine_22

68 raider 12

WNYPCRepair

Can you get a washer behind that guard to move it out a hair, that was rubbing pretty bad

grine_22

I am going to need a couple spacers to push the shield out, doesn't help trans pulley was starting to wallow out on the keyway and wasn't sitting straight. 

grine_22

Well I'm into it more than I figured I would go but there's a few things here and there that needed fixed so why not just finish the whole thing. 

KIMG0222.jpg

• Like 1

Cole J.

Haha my ... well my dad's shop looks the same way he is getting a little annoyed with me. 

• Like 1

grine_22
7 hours ago, Cole J. said:

Haha my ... well my dad's shop looks the same way he is getting a little annoyed with me. 

My shop is organized/disorganized.  Its nice, if I didn't have a 4 car garage I'd be in big trouble because i hate leaving my truck sit outside.  

• Like 1

Cole J.

We just have a little pull barn and stuff is every where it is starting to  bother me as well.

grine_22
On 2/27/2016 at 8:40 PM, Cole J. said:

We just have a little pull barn and stuff is every where it is starting to  bother me as well.

Trust me it don't matter how much room there is, it will get filled! I've got my mower in parts in the one side so rooms getting limited. 

Got the I'd tag off, someone painted right over it :bitch::eek:.  I put some brake fluid on and got it cleaned up a bit, It needs more work though. At least for its age its not in bad shape

KIMG0225.jpg

KIMG0226.jpg

Cole J.

I suppose that is true, never do have enough space, an idea I'm not sure if it will work much better but non-alcohol based astone (I think that's how it's spelled, finger nail polish remover) we use that when we wash our hands after painting something it takes paint off well

grine_22

I'll hafta do some checking and reading around.  Contemplating whether or not to have the actual tag done or see if I can't find somewhere to get an aluminum replica tag made

Cole J.

Yeah that probably wouldn't be a bad idea since your going to have a nice fresh looking tractor with a messed up tag.

grine_22

Tractor won't be pristine, just a rattle can job so it can still work and get dirty.  Practicing up for the next project I got lined up. 

• Like 1

Cole J.

Personally if its going to get worked and you aren't to worried about how clean it is i wouldn't worry about it, as long as you can see what it says

grine_22

Ill probably just order a replica and put the original up and if I ever restore it correctly it'll be on hand. 

grine_22

So the dash tower had previously been "repaired" but the welds look like crap.  I drilled the tack welds out of the one side and split it from the lower body cavity to work on it more easily.  I'll Gri d the welds down and get them cleaned up and looking good. When I put it back together I'll either reweld it or figure out another way of keeping it together.  

KIMG0230.jpg

• Like 2

grine_22

The foot rests are getting painted while the weathers decent.  Trying out some spray on bedliner, i taped off the tops of the footrests, we shall see how it turns out.

KIMG0236.jpg

• Like 2

Cole J.

I was going to do the same thing with mine I will be interested to see how it turns out 

grine_22
1 hour ago, Cole J. said:

I was going to do the same thing with mine I will be interested to see how it turns out 

KIMG0237.jpg

• Like 1

grine_22

Very pleased with how the footrests turned out

KIMG0240.jpg

KIMG0241.jpg

• Like 4

grine_22

Trans is off the horse, clean it up with some degreaser and water this week and I'll be ready to split it

KIMG0248.jpg

KIMG0249.jpg

• Like 3

Pullstart

Is that an engine stand?  Genius way to pull a case apart!  I'll have to remember that when I find time to go through my 2 transmissions needing attention!

grine_22
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

Is that an engine stand?  Genius way to pull a case apart!  I'll have to remember that when I find time to go through my 2 transmissions needing attention!

It is. I was trying to figure out how to keep the transmission off the floor or bench so I still had room to work and it was sitting in the corner empty. Works out nice even when u split the case halves for a mobile workbench

KIMG0253.jpg

KIMG0254.jpg

KIMG0255.jpg

• Like 5

grine_22

Tires are splitting but I stuck the originals back on with new tubes because the tires have wheel horse stamped on them

KIMG0271.jpg

grine_22

The old studs on the battery box snapped when I unbolted it so instead of trying to find new ones I took bolts, cut the heads off, welded washers on and tacked them in place.  The dash got ground down and had a few holes so I put a plate of brass on the back and filled them with welds.  The wire welder is only flux so i have splatter to clean up but things are coming along slowly with work picking up. 

KIMG0276.jpg

KIMG0277.jpg

KIMG0278.jpg

KIMG0279.jpg

• Like 1

grine_22

Got the trans all finished and back together, now to get the frame stripped and painted and start assembling everything. 

KIMG0289.jpg

• Like 2

grine_22

Been a while, haven't had time to touch anything but with harvest about wrapped up I'll get back to things, the frame is disassembled and ready to be cleaned up and painted.