Vinylguy

CALLING ALL D-250 FANATICS!!!

Vinylguy

I finally received the D-250 tunnel plates and dashes I bought and have the tunnel decals done. Can someone let me know what years they go on?

d-250 tunnel plate decals.png

gwest_ca

We do not have an original parts list for any of the years so have to rely on the online versions.

1976 and 1977
Dash panel decal 251049
Consul decal 251050

1978, 1979, 1980 and 1981
Dash panel decal 251643
Consul decal 251881

Now if someone could tell you which was which.

Garry

stratostar250

plate one is for the 76-77, plate two is for the later tractors! 

Vinylguy

We do not have an original parts list for any of the years so have to rely on the online versions.

1976 and 1977
Dash panel decal 251049
Consul decal 251050

1978, 1979, 1980 and 1981
Dash panel decal 251643
Consul decal 251881

Now if someone could tell you which was which.

Garry

plate one is for the 76-77, plate two is for the later tractors! 

Thanks a ton guys, That is what I needed.

stratostar250

Terry, I really love the awesome work you do, I don't want to be a thorn, but actually the tunnel plate for the later tractors is actually a little different, they actually changed some of the levers and they have different pics on the left side.  If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.  

20151107_184801.thumb.jpg.c51dab9d6abbc0

The more I look at it, The more it looks like its a sticker they just placed over the original ones.

Edited by stratostar250

Vinylguy

Terry, I really love the awesome work you do, I don't want to be a thorn, but actually the tunnel plate for the later tractors is actually a little different, they actually changed some of the levers and they have different pics on the left side.  If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.  

The more I look at it, The more it looks like its a sticker they just placed over the original ones.

I am really confused now Tom. I wonder if they used this modification the last 4 years? 

d-250_tunnel_plate_decal_1979.thumb.png.

It does look like they put a decal over the original?  It does not match the area very well.
I have a 

Vinylguy

Spent the last couple hours fixing plate # 2. this should look better than a sticker covering a sticker.

d-250_tunnel_plate_decals.thumb.png.0358

Edited by Vinylguy

stratostar250

I'm sorry, I haven't been around a computer in a few days, and have been meaning to get back to this,  That look great!  The levers actually changed on the tractor in 78, so that's when the sticker would have been used, but that really looks great!  I couldn't believe how quick you drew that up either!  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Vinylguy

I'm sorry, I haven't been around a computer in a few days, and have been meaning to get back to this,  That look great!  The levers actually changed on the tractor in 78, so that's when the sticker would have been used, but that really looks great!  I couldn't believe how quick you drew that up either!  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Thanks Tom
 I have been busy with some other projects and have not finished the D-50 dashes yet but Hope to have them both done soon. I will post images of the dash decals when I get them ready.

Vinylguy

I ran my first test decal for size accuracy with a burlwood background.
The color is not close at all but the decal fits perfectly. Next step is to work on getting a closer match on the
burlwood background. I have made hood decals for the big D's for 5 years but have always wanted to be able 
to reproduce the tunnel and dash for these tractors. The template is accurate and I can change the background
when I find a better match or do something different for those who do not need it to be identical to the original finish.
I applied the new test decal right over the old scratched up original. Going to have my buddy soda blast it next week
and powder coat it so I can do a proper install. 

D-250_DASH_PANEL_PHOTOS.thumb.png.0ca912D-250_DASH_PANEL_CARBON_FIBER_LOOK.thumb

stratostar250

Lookin great!!! oh, and just letting you know, the 76-77, had the starter button and the odd headlight/ignition switch combo, the 78 and later were the separate light and ignition switch, with no starter button.  

Vinylguy

Lookin great!!! oh, and just letting you know, the 76-77, had the starter button and the odd headlight/ignition switch combo, the 78 and later were the separate light and ignition switch, with no starter button.  

Is the following illustration correct?  If so is it first or second generation? Even more confused. :confusion-confused:

d-250_owners_manual.thumb.png.6aa4dfb895D-250_dash_and_tunnel_examples.thumb.png

Edited by Vinylguy

stratostar250

what you have drawn up looks correct to me!  :handgestures-thumbupright: the one from the owners manual is a little odd, I haven't seen separate boxes for the ignition and lights switches, but as far as I know, your two illustrations labeled plate 1 and plate 2 are correct.