Ian928

FINN-HORSE Digger, any info?

AMC RULES
Now that's what I call a classy counter weight.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Pullstart

That red fishplate on the boom, maybe some hard head was still in the seat when the boom came down?  that thing sure does look tough!

DougC

That's totally amazing.  You could dig a basement for a house with that outfit. And it's powered by a Wheel Horse............:handgestures-thumbupright:

JC 1965

I have never seen anything like that before.     :confusion-confused:  Thanks for sharing.   :thumbs2:

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

I think the double-ended bucket is interesting. Better productivity for sure. I rather have that than the Terramite 1 that went on Gravely walk behinds.
Gravely_Terramite_1.thumb.jpg.da14a9ab1a

• Like 4

Ian928

I had a closer look again and realized that with this setup the digger can turn Around 360 degrees! Also, when driwing with the arm forwards the Weight will not be all in the back like an ordinary digger.

wallfish

Holy Cow! And I thought mine had too much weight hanging off the back.
I like that double sided digger bucket
You should post this over on the MoM site. Maybe someone has actually seen one  http://myoldmachine.com/

953 nut
:woohoo:    What an awesome Horse. I once rented a trailer mounted self powered hoe a bit smaller than that unit and it was a wild ride using it. It had to remain attached to the tow vehicle and tended to push the rear of my truck around as you were digging. Looking at this rig and how relatively light it is compared to the bucket size I can only imagine what an exciting ride it must give you. Also, presuming you move it around the site by driving the :wh: that should be rather interesting.

With that said, I want one.
  • Like 1

Ian928

Did some more searching and found the patent. I realise for most of you this is jibberish, but it states that there is not any small excavators available and this is a solution. There is a illustration on the last page!

http://was.prv.se/spd/pdf/7xPd-HMxo5FhSy3t0WW1EA/SE382483.B.pdf

They also did a patent for the double-ended bucket:

http://was.prv.se/spd/pdf/MSnbGCcSg25hSy3t0WW1EA/SE367225.B.pdf

Edited by Ian928

Pullstart

so how much are they asking for this if it's for sale Ian?  When are you picking it up?  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ian928

Haha! No, my Wife (she is not the average wife i understand!) has just teamed up With my father and two Brothers and bought a mini excavator so we have no need for it.... There is quite a lot of extras With it though!

It is not cheap, 28500 Swedish krone, it is around $3300

Here is the ad if someone else should be interested:

http://www.blocket.se/dalarna/Minigravare_Finn_Horse_Wheel_horse_518_H_63654536.htm?ca=11&w=3

• Like 1

boovuc

Look at the steering wheel in the link below for the tractor and hoe. Go four photos right and you'll see it! It's bent up pretty bad and it's easy to tell how it got that way! I just don't know about this piece of equipment. (But it would be fun figuring out what is safe and not safe about it)!

http://www.blocket.se/dalarna/Minigravare_Finn_Horse_Wheel_horse_518_H_63654536.htm?ca=11&w=3#vi-carousel

Digger 66

the digger can turn Around 360 degrees! 

Yes , I just did :)

• Haha 2

DennisThornton

I think the double-ended bucket is interesting. Better productivity for sure. I rather have that than the Terramite 1 that went on Gravely walk behinds.
Gravely_Terramite_1.thumb.jpg.da14a9ab1a

Oh my!  I never get tired of this site!  Isn't that amazing!

Horse Digger

Hi,

I just bought a Wheel Horse with the Finn Horse digger attached!

Just before I did, I searched the net and the only thing I found was this forum, none other info was found...

However the info found in this thread was very helpful and might be the reason I decided to buy it.

I picked it up yesterday in the southmost of Sweden, where I live.

Will post pictures when I get the time, but just to warn you, the tractor is not red, anymore...

Edited by Horse Digger
  • Like 4

roadapples

:wwp:   and    :WRS:

• Like 1

Horse Digger

Ok, here we go, from where we brought it home, shopping för a cheep hot dog on a "utility store". 5 SEK for a hot dog, thats about 90 $ cent... Unforturnatley they had stopped serving for the day, but that gave us a opportunity to  take a shot or two. ..

20160713_192558.jpg

20160713_192612.jpg

Edited by Horse Digger
  • Like 7

Horse Digger

As mentioned above, driving this thing with the platform in the air, is interesting or more... exiting....

Slipping on the clutch result in a "wheely" regardless of range or gear...

Will try to put a clip of it later on. Yesterday I found 4 loose bolts at the very heart of it, where both the tractor and the digger swings around. Must fix that before anything else... Putting greese at every joint is also on the agenda, should take less than a week, there are a lot of places... Motor oil för the tractor, perhaps anyone here gave advice of quality & amount? According to previous owner the engine is a 12 hp kohler, then the model should be a C120, right? The tractor was painted grey long time ago, probably to prevent or discover theft. Model plates and all was covered... Will try to remove it later on, too. 

Edited by Horse Digger
  • Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:    This manual download should give you the needed information on your :wh:.  :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Horse Digger

Perfect, thanks a lot. I'll dig into it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CasualObserver

That's awesome!! Looking forward to more pictures. Did you get literature (manuals or advertisements) with it? Looks like you also have an admirer in the background taking photos as well!

• Like 1

Horse Digger

Yes, the ride home was about 60 miles, we got a few head-turners along the way, the one takin pictures in the background is my father however.

It was me, my older brother who have some experience of lawn-mower restoration, though mostly 5-15 years old Stiga, Husqvarna and other simpler ride-on lawnmowers.

My father was with us more of curiousity, but being a son of a farmer he also have some knowledge of hydraulics and tractors.

No literature was included unfortunately, I've just the ones supplied in this thread. I wonder if Ian928 actually have seen the sales manual or he just had some pictures of it?

I'd really like a copy of any, if it's in Swedish even better...

Edited by Horse Digger
  • Like 2

Horse Digger

Ok, 

The front lights was working, otherwise black was ruling, no tail light on the tractor (a loose wire may have to do with that) and certainly no working lights on the digger arm.

After some small checking for shortcuts and connecting wires, there where light!

Both tail light and working lights are now working, the later turned on at the back of the shell. But, checking the current to the working lights I concluded that using them both, (one on each side) will empty the battery or worse, damaging the alternator.

I haven't seen any electric power takeout limit but dragging 10 amp for the working lights only, plus front and tail light (these can only be turned on i combination) I have to limit myself to digging in daylight alt. converting to LED-lamps.

Here you also see the well dimensioned hydraulics and joints of the digger... 

20160716_084612.jpg

Edited by Horse Digger
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Horse Digger

Control panel,

Guessing is right now the way to find the right lever and way it should go. Will have to make some icons before digging seriously.

You might have seen that this digger is slightly different to the one who originally started the thread. Seat and controls are moved alongside the arm instead of behind, providing a better view and easier entry for the operator. (might be a quote from an updated sales manual...)

Also the platform structure is different, where the "older" version had one circular tube between the two beams and mine "improved" version have 4 rectangular tubes in form of an X. However the X was welded with reinforcements, telling me it should be even stronger from start...

20160716_084624.jpg

Edited by Horse Digger
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1