briankd

ST326 blower for my 857

briankd

just picked this blower up tonight . needs some work chain sprockets few miner parts missing.this is suppose to have wheels on each side. they are missing was gona fabricate some shoes . anyone still use this style? on gravel will wheels dig into gravel and then it will be blowing gravel? don't think im gona have it done for this winter the guy I got it from is a ex wheel horse dealer he said he may have some the missing parts around yet if not I will be fabricating them .this thing needs a lot of work but the frame and auger in excellent shape. 080.thumb.JPG.e5b5231bbf278378ca08dae7d4081.thumb.JPG.934f4307499ca0743a46705cf3good thing only payed 20 bucks for it. still has original tag and decals on it .

wallfish

The original wheels were made of steel and about 1/2" thick. They would probably tend to dig in gravel so you should go with shoes. The wheels work well on asphalt plus made it easy to move the blower around when it wasn't attached to the tractor

briankd

anyone have pictures of the drive chain and sprockets for routing chain I seem to have an extra sprocket on this at the top.looked at the parts break down and it don't show one there.do I need that sprocket ? also was thinking of changing the sprocket sizes to make it spin faster. would that hurt anything?

Edited by briankd
added to

NA73

increasing the rpm will lower the force the auger has to propel the snow out. that may be fine if you have a higher hp machine.
I ran a single stage last winter and it had a 3" pulley on it and it did terrible (easily bogged down/clogged) in heavy/wet snow. changed to a 5" pulley and it could effectively chew through heavy snow banks.

• Like 1

DougC

Looks like a good winter project.     :)    

gwest_ca

Both idler sprockets are required.

The chain travels from the bottom of the drive sprocket, down around the lower idler sprocket, up over the top idler sprocket, down under the auger sprocket and back to the top of the drive sprocket. This results in the auger rotating in the opposite direction as the engine crankshaft as required.

I slowed my auger down. It is capable of pulling in more snow than can be discharged through the chute. When that happens the pressure of the snow on the plowed surface will lift the snowthrower off the ground and fire the snow back under the tractor.

Garry

NA73

100_0576.JPG

briankd

thanks for the info I think I will leave the sprocket diameters the way they are.you said it DougC  this will be my winter project will have it done by spring and use it next winter I have my old 42" snow blade I will be using once again this winter. never know may not have the snow to use it anyway this winter.