Sign in to follow this  
Jeff.f

Wheel Horse Identification Help

Jeff.f

Hello all, what a wonderful site you have here, I've  been lurking around here for about 6 months, stopped by and took a picture of the serial number on what I think is a 1964 654 that I grew up on,, # 6712.
I'm gonna be looking for a round hood to replace the one we lost about 30 years ago,, my Granddad and I replaced the 6hp motor with an 18 hp motor and the hood wouldn't fit so it got set aside and eventually lost.
i left for the army and he passed on, the tractor was sold and hasn't run since, I bought it back for $185 yesterday, three tires are still holding air!
anyway I was hopeful I could find out for sure what it is
784F1AD9-99A7-4902-84CA-87BDA8BF36BE_zps
C367E94D-423A-4C81-B5CD-58D1C0B0B743_zps

• Like 3

Jeff.f

Thank you!

my only other question right now is,, the gas cap looks to be on the wrong side!

SylvanLakeWH

Welcome!
These guys will have it figured out in no time...
Use the 5 gallon pale to hold parts when you start the rehab work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Jennifer
      By Jennifer
      Okay friends husband and I brought home another mutilated mutation that I felt sorry for and wanted to fix….  Questions will it run??  Lol… what model for sure?  So I believe it’s an 854 and would like feed back to confirm..  lots of stuff coming off… has the k181s tag on the engine!  Two piece gas tank!  So if my friends on here would agree or disagree I would be able to see how much I have been learning over the years!  

• valleyboy
      By valleyboy
      According to Garry's message serial # 1525265651 was built in 1986. I purchased this tractor in 1991 so I now believe it was short blocked prior to my purchase. Trying to Identify before ordering needed piston/ring set. another message noted that it must have been short blocked. Thanks everyone for the help- Bob
    • tgriffin27
      By tgriffin27
      My GF found this for sale while travelling and it is 160 miles from me so I can't go and look at it till saturday. From youtube videos I have watched I think it is a 552. The owner bought it at a fleamarket last year and has been using it as yard art since then. He says it doesn't steer(you turn the steering wheel and the wheels don't move) and the engine doesn't run(he has never tried to start it since he has owned it. From the pictures can you guys tell what it is and what should I be looking for when I go see it(any problems with these models or parts it should have? He is also asking $300 obo so what would you guys offer knowing it needs a total restoration and may be missing parts? I don't know wheelhorse lawnmowers at all but I love the look of them and want to own and restore one.

• Sherard
    • Mr. Fixit
      By Mr. Fixit
      Hello,all. I'm new to this site. I have searched everywhere trying to identify this blade model with no luck. Maybe someone here knows. Any help appreciated. Thanks