DougC

Gonna try to send in a picture Test #1

mikekot3

Is the front window plastic or Tempered glass? Are the doors and such flimsy material?

DougC

Is the front window plastic or Tempered glass? Are the doors and such flimsy material?

They come with the plastic windshield but you can order the  glass windshield from Original Cab Company for somewhere around $100 or so dollars (correct me if I'm wrong.) as well as front windshield wiper choice of manual or motorized for an additional cost. As far as "flimsy material" its plastic with metal frame and braces. It's about as solid as a soft cab can be in my humble opinion....:)

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Retail from Original Tractor CabIMG_5027.thumb.JPG.4442b1fee2ef0ca0e3aaa
cab    885
glass window  180
electric wiper   199
work lights  79
safety light  99
mirror    44

loaded cab   1471   + shipping

Edited by ekennell
  • Like 4

mikekot3

What is the part number for the glass front windshield assembly and retail price?

1978c81

Part # 10120 for $180

mikekot3

On www.originalcab.com the glass windshield is 180.00 dollars and manual wiper kit is 122 dollars and electric wiper kit is 199 dollars.

DougC

cab    885
glass window  180
electric wiper   199
work lights  79
safety light  99
mirror    44

With all the added electrical loads of the lights and electric wiper motor is your electrical charging system modified in any way that you can tell?:)

Edited by DougC

WHX??

Holy schmidt on the price....have to take out a mortage for that... still nice and I suppose cheaper than a plow for a truck.

Does a guy really need the lights or are the one on the 520 ok? I would guess the more the better.

Also how easy does it come on & off for summer duty?

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It
You need a trailer hitch on your tool box so you can pull it with that fine looking 520!!!
  • Like 1

DougC

Holy schmidt on the price....have to take out a mortage for that... still nice and I suppose cheaper than a plow for a truck.

Does a guy really need the lights or are the one on the 520 ok? I would guess the more the better.

Also how easy does it come on & off for summer duty?

Yes, ekennell's cab has all the factory options and is a knockout!!!!!  I would love to add those options to mine one of these days. (wifes ready to strangle me now. If she noticed glass windshield and wiper and roof lights  I'd have to run for my life........:lol:  )

I've been told after its been fully assembled it comes off or goes on in about 45 minutes depending on how much wiring needs to be hooked up or disconnected.

You could always leave the frame on year round and just remove and install the panels and have a sun canopy for the summer. A white roof would be the choice for summer duty.....:)

You need a trailer hitch on your tool box so you can pull it with that fine looking 520!!!

Thanks for the compliment my friend. The tool box retired the same day I did and won't be traveling to anymore GM dealerships.......:lol:

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Here is part of my crew from last year. I bought my glass windshield (painted the outside red) from a JD dealer online for less than the amount quoted. In my opinion it stiffens the cab up as well as being nice. The only thing is the vinyl window can be shaken to clear but you need the wiper on the glass windshield. Later in the season last year I found a source for the motorized windshield wiper for less than $100.00 and it will be replacing the manual one this year. I've got a few more goodies to add for this year's version.

The Ariens cab came from the same JD dealer for way less than MSRP as well. I got tired of looking like a snowman! 
5639400136931_WP_20150222_0041.thumb.jpg

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 6

Ed Kennell

cab    885
glass window  180
electric wiper   199
work lights  79
safety light  99
mirror    44

With all the added electrical loads of the lights and electric wiper motor is your electrical charging system modified in any way that you can tell?:)

I don't think there are any mods to the charging system.  I'll have to check the output with every thing on.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Doug, does your cab have a bracket that bolts the cab frame to the steering tower.  My 520 cab has this and the 312 doesn't, and I can see a lot more swaying in the 312 cab.IMG_4139.thumb.JPG.6a685ffffa938fbcf16ab

You can see the bracket here behind the PTO lever.

• Like 1

mikekot3

Shallowwatersailor,
What online retailer did you get the glass windshield frame from?

Pullstart

Heater?, coffee cup holder?, seat warmer?, steering wheel warmer?, sound system?,,,

Have you seen horsefixer's setup?  That's got everything you listed I bet, plus more.

SylvanLakeWH

I forgot wifi and a 60" plasma screen (for the rear view camera of course)!!! 

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 1

Pullstart

he does have a back up camera...

• Like 1

Linder

I need one with air conditioning and a mowing deck for my 14 Buttercup Acres!!!LOL

DougC

Doug, does your cab have a bracket that bolts the cab frame to the steering tower.  My 520 cab has this and the 312 doesn't, and I can see a lot more swaying in the 312 cab.IMG_4139.thumb.JPG.6a685ffffa938fbcf16ab

You can see the bracket here behind the PTO lever.

Mine does not. My bracing is different utilizing existing holes in running board to right and left front supports as I hope you can see in my pictures.......

100_1385.JPG

100_1386.JPG

Ed Kennell

My cab was rigid in the front to back direction... there is a diagonal brace on each side, but mine had a lot of L to R  movement , so much that the cab posts were rubbing on the hood.
I added this small angle to lock the cab to the console on the left side and all side sway is gone.

IMG_5058.thumb.JPG.d93e424760588256dbb3b
I also checked the charging system;
                                           At idle with nothing on'
IMG_5060.thumb.JPG.dd4b8aec901fd04bfeb7c
   At idle with all tractor and cab lights and wiper on;
IMG_5064.thumb.JPG.a6a8a2765d933c1fded28

At half throttle with all on;
IMG_5065.thumb.JPG.553e841507808b2014c62
So it doesn't appear there will be any charging problems with this amount of equipment.    Heaters, air cond.  big screens....now that may take some aux. power.

I was thinking about switching the windshields on my 520 and 312 cabs so the wiper was on my blower.  But the 520 cab is totally different. The roof is actually 5" longer.

• Like 2