WNYPCRepair

JD LT155. Worth anything?

WNYPCRepair

This belonged to my fat a** brother in law. I rescued it, and got it running, but it need a lot of TLC. Anyone know where to get a manual?

Does it do anything besides mow? If not, I don't think I am going to go to much effort to fix it. 

It was sunk into the dirt about 6 inches. Winched it out and up on my trailer with cargo straps. :)

IMG_8890.thumb.JPG.d886a72ecdfae96b7ce17
IMG_8891.thumb.JPG.fe2d768740016de10e2aa
IMG_8893.thumb.JPG.08f273c97ca2ff7cc04a3
IMG_8895.thumb.JPG.428934815cffb8701f5c1

IMG_8896.thumb.JPG.ba999771f0cfdcc08b7cf
IMG_8897.thumb.JPG.0f0d0fa50e6067df25046
IMG_8898.thumb.JPG.b1197ffa20f20867824f0

IMG_8900.thumb.JPG.536e521d062d1d019921f

IMG_8899.mov

Most of those pics are after going through the car wash. 

WNYPCRepair

And how do you get the smell of old gas off your hands? I've washed 5 times with 4 different types of soap.

Sparky

Its strictly a mower....any serious work and it'll bust. I would get it to be as nice as possible...then mothball it till spring, then sell it when mowers are sought after.
Mike........

• Like 2

DennisThornton

Brian, try some fresh gas!  Then some Goop style hand cleaner.  Then don't smell your hands for a few days!
And what Sparky said!  Looks like it will clean up and look almost new!  Mow your grass with it next spring and park it by the roadside.  Lots of folks like that JD Green!

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Brian, try some fresh gas!  Then some Goop style hand cleaner.  Then don't smell your hands for a few days!
And what Sparky said!  Looks like it will clean up and look almost new!  Mow your grass with it next spring and park it by the roadside.  Lots of folks like that JD Green!

I was about to say, I did, that's how I got the old gas on me, but then I realized you meant fresh gas on my hands.  :)

I have to figure out why it stops running when you take your foot off the brake. Time to search for a manual

oliver2-44

I have a 2003 like that (I got it before I every heard of WH's) it a good mower, has a short turning radius and a decent auto for a mower. They are a true JD dealer product, a touch better that the big box JD models.  But as others have said it is really only a mower.
sell it in the spring and spend the cash on something WH RED!

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

I have a 2003 like that (I got it before I every heard of WH's) it a good mower, has a short turning radius and a decent auto for a mower. They are a true JD dealer product, a touch better that the big box JD models.  But as others have said it is really only a mower.
sell it in the spring and spend the cash on something WH RED!

Well, my father in law loaned him the money to buy it and was never repaid, so any profit will go to him.

Brian01

Get r in running, mowing condirion and next spring, around here anyways, it would bring $450-500

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Found this in the carb bowl. Took the carb off and did some cleaning, and it runs fairly well. 

One thing it is REALLY good for is mulching leaves. I am tempted to try to keep it just for that.  :) 

carb.jpg

spindley

The reason it don't run when you get off the brake is your safety switch on the brake pedal. Possible it rusted sittin in dem der weeds. Get some PB blaster on it and loosin it up. Follow the brake linkage and you should find a switch

WNYPCRepair

Actually, once I put a good battery in it, it stayed running. No idea why, but with a dead battery it would only run with my foot on the brake. I've used it quite a bit to mulch my leaves, it works great for that.

Brian01

That is one thing you'll have to watch out for on Tractor like that, JD and new Cub Cadets...

Saftey switchestswitches everywhere...I have bought and had several riders gave to me because the owners thought they were done for, and ended up just being a saftey switch.

For example : this summer, a local guy called me, said his Cub wouldn't do anything off the key, no click or anything...he thought it was the battery, so he charged it...nothing...said he worked on it for weeks, with no results..I told him I'd come take a look at it. I got there, and within 5 minutes it was running...he thought I was a professional small engine expert...lol...all it was, was the metal tab, that when you pushed the brake pedal it would push in on the saftey switch. It had broken off. Therefore wasn't activating the saftey switch. I rigged up a tab on it, pushed brake and no hesitation, fired right up. He ended up giving me a self propelled push mower and 2 riding mowers for doing that one for him. lol

• Like 1