gregbesia

my first WH !

P'chop

congrats on the find and :text-welcomeconfetti:To:rs:

Wheel-N-It
Welcome to Red Square and the Wheel Horse Addiction. You've got the perfect starter Wheel Horse to work with and restore and modify and buy attachments for and keep for a long long time. The 312-8 is the one I started with in 1991 and I still have it and its been the yardstick I've used to compare all the others I've bought and sold along the way. If your Kohler Magnum 12hp engine is not knocking or smoking or using oil it can run another 900 hours or more if you take really good care of it by changing the oil every 25 operating hours and spending the money on a top quality oil. Also run non ethanol gasoline and mix 3 oz MMO to 5 gal of non ethanol gasoline. Keep the air filter clean and make sure the PCV hose behind the air filter backing plate is intact, if not replace it now.
Also read and learn everything you can about your Wheel Horse here at Red Square, become a Supporting Member, and we will see you at the 2016 Big Show.
  • Like 3

gregbesia

wheel , thanks for super welcome and advice. what engine oil do you recommend?

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

wheel , thanks for super welcome and advice. what engine oil do you recommend?

OK, alot of guys here have not heard of this but I use Lubrication Engineers motor oil, and I have since the late 90's. Look it up on the web. I use 30 weight in the Spring Summer and Fall, and I use 15/40 in the Winter. I'm not a LE Dealer but I am a LE Believer.

TDF5G

You'll find that if you spend any time with them at all they will reproduce!  Just warning you...

You might be ok until you get another one. Then you are in trouble. They reproduce. Have you heard of rabbits.
Marvin

This is true.