gregbesia

my first WH !

gregbesia

Hi. I'm new on this site , but already love the place. A couple of weeks ago I saw a for sale post in the classified section. I was going to work out of state for a few days , but the older gentleman selling it was nice enough to wait for me. I got the tractor, wheel weights,chains, snow plow and 37 inch deck with it. So far I only spent couple of hours wiping everything down and riding around the yard with it , but I like it.  

IMG_3614.JPG

IMG_3616.JPG

IMG_3617.JPG

tracror is 1988 with 1100 hours. There is rust on a drive belt cover and wheels , and I'm not sure how to tackle that.  

IMG_3615.JPG

Edited by gregbesia
  • Like 7

slammer302

when it comes to the wheels i wash them with SOS pads it works well for removing the rust. :text-welcomeconfetti::rs:you have a great model horse to start with the 12HP magnum is a great motor

gregbesia

thanks slammer, will try sos.

Brian01

Welcome to RedSquare...and in my opinion, your best bet would be to sand them down and repaint, but if you didn't want to do that, there are several products out there that will remove rust...

You ccould try the coca cola and aluminum foil trick...it does work to an extent.

Do a google or youtube search, lots to watch.

gregbesia

thanks Brian. 

Ed Kennell

She looks real nice....some sanding and a couple rattle cans of Rustoleum on the wheels and belt guard will really pick her up.

:text-welcomeconfetti: to:rs:

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Welcome to the Forum!!! You have a good tractor there. Very versatile. I would pull the guard and foot rests and prep and paint them myself. Good Luck.

WNYPCRepair

Looks good. Very nice first tractor

stevasaurus

Great pictures and Welcome to Red Square.  :)

KC9KAS
:text-welcomeconfetti: to:rs:

Good find there.

gregbesia

thanks all for a warm welcome. where do I get spray paint ? is it something something I can pick up from big box store and if so , what color for the red and wheels, or do I have to go with WH parts for paint? what have you guys used?

WHX??

Should be able to get paint and sandpaper at any big box or hardware store.  Any good paint  as long as it's red, off white for the wheels. There are some good recommendations on other  threads here. Look in restorations I believe. 
Welcome to Red Square 

gregbesia

ok, thanks whx5

SylvanLakeWH

Welcome!
You will find rather quickly that these guys know everything about WH's and are more than generous with their time and knowledge...
Great group and a great forum...

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 3

Ed Kennell

Rustoleum Regal Red and Krylon Ivory is what I use.   About $3 a can at Home Depot.

Edited by ekennell

Horse46

Nice Tractor :text-welcomeconfetti:

AMC RULES
:WRS:

doc724

I agree, pretty nice for a first tractor.  If you are looking for replacement abrasive pads for the footrests, try Koffler Sales-really inexpensive, way less than big box stores.  Your original wheel color is silver, so you might not want to use the ivory-personal preference.   As Jim suggested, check in Restorations.  12HP is a good engine, economical to run and will do just about everything you will need.  I have 1100 hours on my C141 and other than the "Kohler knock" it runs very nicely.  welcome to Red Square!

• Like 1

gregbesia

doc, where do I look for the new abrasive pads, web?     yea, I think I will stay with the silver for the wheels. thanks everybody

• Like 1

Digger 66

8 speed's are awesome ;)
Nice tractor & welcome to Red Square 

DennisThornton

You'll find that if you spend any time with them at all they will reproduce!  Just warning you...

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Greg, welcome to red square, nice 1st ride. Cant wait to see the 2nd.

Glenn

• Like 3

gregbesia

Dennis and Glenn just dont tell my wife what happens when people spend too much time on this site :)

• Like 2

DennisThornton

It's not just red tractors you have to worry about!  We raise Labradors and I've notice that two dogs the same color can produce different colored pups!  I don't fully understand it but my partner does...  Same thing has happened with the tractors here!  There's several different colored tractors now and while I've not seen a yellow or green one so far I would not be at all surprised!

When new ones start showing up try to keep your tractors separated as best you can!  I've avoided it so far but I've seen some strange crossbreeds online!

Marv

You might be ok until you get another one. Then you are in trouble. They reproduce. Have you heard of rabbits.
Marvin

• Like 1