tractorhogg

My collection

tractorhogg

I collect single cylinder hydros from 1970-1979, from my signature you can see I usually have two of each type and brand, that is to set one up as a lawn tractor version and the other as a AG tractor version, The lawn tractor GTs get new turf tires or crossovers, but the true AG tractors get a lift with 10" front tires to compensate with a taller rear tire I use. Not every tire I buy is meant to be as tall as it is, but when you use a narrower rim the tire gets taller and rounder on top, which works well in dirt, mud, and winter conditions as well. I'll post some pictures

DSCF3386.JPG

Sovereign1.JPG

DSCF1492.JPG

DSCF3359.JPG

DSCF3383.JPG

DSCF3373.JPG

20150701_102544.jpg

20150701_102607.jpg

20150920_161633.jpg

20150920_161642.jpg

DSCF4104.JPG

20150724_202154.jpg

20150728_150025.jpg

DSCF3205.JPG

DSCF3207.JPG

DSCF3355.JPG

IMG_20120601_185919.jpg

20150929_175934.jpg

DSCF3942.JPG

• Like 8

elcamino/wheelhorse

You really have a nice collection, thanks for sharing. What is attachment on the back of the 1650 Massey?

• Like 1

tractorhogg

You really have a nice collection, thanks for sharing. What is attachment on the back of the 1650 Massey?

Homemade boom pole for snagging implements out of storage

slammer302

I like the rear tires on your Areins tractor with the blower and tiller can you tell us what they are?

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Very nice collection. Thanks for the photos.

• Like 1

whfan74

Nice variety of old machinery you have there.  Thanks so much for posting!

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Some very nice powerhouse tractors!  I'll take them all!

• Like 1

tractorhogg

I like the rear tires on your Areins tractor with the blower and tiller can you tell us what they are?

They are 25x10-12 Duro Frontiers, sometimes you can snag them for around 110.00 each and free shipping off eBay. The front tires are 5.70-8s and on the Ariens wide front rim workwell as the trad is under 6 inches, but the carcass, or area under the tread, is wide and allows for good balance.

Some very nice powerhouse tractors!  I'll take them all!

Wow Dennis I would say you have a pretty large variety as well, both by brand and years! Good Job

• Like 1

JC 1965

You have some fine old tractors there.   :thumbs2:  You should be very proud of them. Thanks for sharing.  

• Like 1

tractorhogg

You have some fine old tractors there.   :thumbs2:  You should be very proud of them. Thanks for sharing.  

Thanks JC, These are some of the last great tractors built during the golden age of manufacturing in America. After 1980 companies and corporations became beholden to their stockholders and not to the customer or employee. This greed, which gave rise to the massive CEO bonus program, is what is bringing this nation down. I want to pay homage to those workers and that era by saving some of their great work. <rant>The wealthy and the media all said it was employee benefits that caused the downfall of production in America (made int the USA), that is one of the biggest lies ever told. Many nations including Germany have extensive employee benefit programs and do very, very well. The obligation of ANY company should be to its employees, its community and THEN the stockholders, the CEO is an employee like any other, but today it is the investors and CEO's that kill jobs and companies </rant>

Edited by tractorhogg
  • Like 5

DougC
:text-goodpost:   and an amazing collection of fine quality  tractors and attachments!   :)
  • Like 2

tractorhogg
:text-goodpost:

and an amazing collection of fine quality  tractors and attachments!   

:)

Several of these machines came from your area Doug. The Ariens with the blower from Panora and the Bolens H16 from Minburn both just west of Des Moines. I also bought a Massey MF14 parts tractor in Indianola

• Like 1

DougC

Several of these machines came from your area Doug. The Ariens with the blower from Panora and the Bolens H16 from Minburn both just west of Des Moines. I also bought a Massey MF14 parts tractor in Indianola

So thats what happened to all  the good stuff. You bought it and took it to Oklahoma.........:lol:

• Like 2

tractorhogg

So thats what happened to all  the good stuff. You bought it and took it to Oklahoma.........:lol:

I sure did Doug, I also hit North Eastern Kansas, Eastern and Western Missouri, South Eastern Nebrask and Southern Illinois, pretty hard. One tractor came from up by Erie, Pennsylvania 1000 miles one way. I did get a couple down here, but when these were made many Oklahomans were mowing with goats.

Edited by tractorhogg

wildman

NICE rigs