tractorhogg

Rear PTO coupler?

JackC

Not sure what you are asking.
Are you trying to plug something into the rear rotating PTO?
P1010102.thumb.JPG.833f20f4a9e3cea429b9a

Edited by JackC

Brian01

Yeah I believe he's trying to make a yoke coupler. Like on a bruh hog or w/e

tractorhogg

Yeah, my rear PTO doesn't have a coupler, and seeing how they seem to be hard to find, I thought I would try a different route.

Brian01

If you have an actual PTO shaft that comes out the back, then yeah you could use something like that.

tractorhogg

If you have an actual PTO shaft that comes out the back, then yeah you could use something like that.

I do have a rear PTO shaft, if I didn't have the rear shaft the coupler wouldn't attach to anything. Is that what your trying to say?English isn't my first language, so sometimes I do not quite understand the vernacular English, In German everything is put in direct terms because there isn't alot of deviance with grammar or syntax, unless using slanglish

Brian01

Just giving my :twocents-02cents:, someone sweep in here n save me!! :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

• Like 1

tractorhogg

Lol. Brian. I do understand that I must have a rear PTO to need a coupler. Its kind of like I wouldn't need a muffler if I had a solar car. Clear as mud as to what you said, I just wasn't sure what JackC meant and I don't think he understood what I was say and then the confusion spread to all.

JackC

Most of the attachment I am familiar with, like the field mower for the rear end, and the snow blower for the front end, have shafts that slide into the rear PTO or the front PTO. The shaft then goes to a universal joint. I assume you could make a coupler but it would need to be very strong to withstand the torque. One end of the coupler would need a shaft to slide into the rear PTO. There may be a Category 0 rotating PTO coupler available from a tractor dealer or from somewhere. You could also make a coupler from a universal joint.

What are you trying to attach?

Edited by JackC
  • Like 1

Niagara D

My rear pto shaft is also missing the quick connect coupler that came with these shafts but one of the PO had just changed up the drive to the rear deck to slide over the pto shaft spines and there would be a spring inside that drive shaft to the implement.

• Like 1

JackC

There are two threads one here and one under implements and attachments. Can a moderator fix it?

Sounds like you are missing the female coupling end if all you have is the male end.
I will need to find a parts diagram.

Edited by JackC
  • Like 1

JackC

If all you have is the male end of the rotating PTO, I would look for a spline drive clamp on coupler. They are often used when connecting to hydraulic pumps that have splined shafts. That would give you something to attach to.  Something like below:

clamp_on_coupler.thumb.jpg.559449c8a5907

Edited by JackC

tractorhogg

Thanks a bunch Jack, the two tabs on the front would not attach to anything, or would they? If not would it hurt to cut them off?

There are two threads one here and one under implements and attachments. Can a moderator fix it?

Sounds like you are missing the female coupling end if all you have is the male end.
I will need to find a parts diagram.

Wonder how two threads started, I idn't think it was me, but it sure might have been, weird. I have a parts diagram

Most of the attachment I am familiar with, like the field mower for the rear end, and the snow blower for the front end, have shafts that slide into the rear PTO or the front PTO. The shaft then goes to a universal joint. I assume you could make a coupler but it would need to be very strong to withstand the torque. One end of the coupler would need a shaft to slide into the rear PTO. There may be a Category 0 rotating PTO coupler available from a tractor dealer or from somewhere. You could also make a coupler from a universal joint.

What are you trying to attach?

I havent' attached anything yet, I was hoping to use a finish mower or brush hog

Jim_M

John Deere used the same coupler as the D series on some of their larger garden tractors. You might want to check for a John Deere coupler, I'll bet they're still available..

• Like 1

tractorhogg

Thanks for the info Jim :thanks: