N3PUY

What did I bring home today? (hint... it's red!)

N3PUY

I picked this up today.  $50.   No motor or PTO pulleys.  The rest of it looks good.   No decal for the model.  
Here's some pics.
IMG_6039_(800x600).thumb.jpg.ad5aba24355

IMG_6040_(800x600).thumb.jpg.84e2d6774d5

IMG_6041_(800x600).thumb.jpg.61c46c43318

IMG_6042_(800x600).thumb.jpg.90c7a66320f

Here's another hint  .............  81-10K801
IMG_6044_(600x800).thumb.jpg.317c6281cb7

Edited by N3PUY
  • Like 5

Ed Kennell

'78  C-101    IMG_1812.thumb.JPG.82897d4118e963b1db73d

• Like 5

Brian01

Dannng that's a slick C-101

N3PUY
Yep .... that's what I think it is too ........... just because it still has the ID plate on it.   The PO has the motor for it but didn't want to sell it.  So it's setting on his garage floor.   It's got the shaker plate on it BUT I have the mounts for the shaker plate.    So mine has the incorrect hood decals ????? Edited by N3PUY

Ed Kennell

Not sure on the decal.   Mine is a '79 and these are the decals Terry supplied for that year.
BTW, your 101 looks much better than mine did when I started the make over.
You got a bargain @ $50.

• Like 1

Brian01

Agreed, couldn't buy the wheels n tires off of it for that

• Like 1

Kelly

The decals are not correct they are from 73 to about 77 

• Like 1

TDF5G

I like it.  I think the hood decals should match the rear fender decal probably.   I'd a gave $50  for it.  

Ed Kennell

Here is a pic of the rear decal , and it does look like the one on yours.IMG_1810_(640x480).thumb.jpg.ce0469536e8

Edited by ekennell
  • Like 1

Pullstart

Looks much cleaner that the parts C-101 I bought this summer for the 8 speed swap, and I've got more into mine by far.  Good find!  Wanna trade?

Retired Wrencher

Nice looking ride. It is fun to work on these tractors. As I posted a Springfield brand a few days ago you really appreciate how well these tractors are made when you work on other brands. You think What the H.. why did they do that?  Gary    B.....

WHX??

Eight speed alone is worth that :handgestures-thumbupright: tires & rims a bonus. Maybe the day it was produced they happened to be out of the "correct" decals for the hood so they put on whatever they had.

You need one of Bud's exhaust stacks for that beast Ed...nice 101

Brian01

I'll tell ya what I'd do, I'd give $55 for it today, that way you make money on it ...just joking lol:D

Ed Kennell

I'd give $55 for it today,

Brian. I bet you shop @ Home Cheapo. :laughing-rofl:    I'll double your money  N3PUY,  if Hyde, Pa is less than 100 Miles from me.    And the bidding starts.:angry-boxing:

Eight speed alone is worth that :handgestures-thumbupright: tires & rims a bonus. Maybe the day it was produced they happened to be out of the "correct" decals for the hood so they put on whatever they had.

You need one of Bud's exhaust stacks for that beast Ed...nice 101

I tried to keep this one original. It actually had a really good Nelson on it when I got it.

Brian01

Lmao @ Home Cheapo!

I was just joking....I'm in Missouri, PA is Waaaay to far for me anyway

• Like 1

N3PUY

Lmao @ Home Cheapo!

I was just joking....I'm in Missouri, PA is Waaaay to far for me anyway

Depends on what size map you have!   :D

Edited by N3PUY

Brian01

Lol....A Very large map, you are in the farrrrr right hand corner. Over a yard stick away!

N3PUY

I talked to the PO today and he said he was offered $200 for the motor.   He thinks it was rebuilt by his dad who passed away.   I asked if I could have the shaker plate if he sold it (or not).  I told him it was part of the tractor. ;)  I have a motor I could mount on it and then it would be a C121.    But some things will have to wait until spring. (6 months from now).   The garage gets taken over by the wife's car in the winter.

Brian01

$200 is too steep. But $50-100, now that's logical.

Oh nvm...the motor not mower :bitch:

rmaynard

Light switch on the dash, but no light in the hood. I think the hood is not original and from a '73 to '77.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Brian01

Good eye.. Although, may have had one at one time, then someone just put the cover in there later on to cover the whole.

N3PUY

Light switch on the dash, but no light in the hood. I think the hood is not original and from a '73 to '77.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

See where the hood and grille come together ..... there's a hole and it's bent around it .... may have had "bug-eye" lights. ? :huh:

Brian01

I see that in that one pic...yeah id say they had lights on it at one time.

N3PUY

IMG_0505 (800x600).jpgIMG_0509 (800x600).jpgIMG_0506 (800x600).jpgIMG_0507 (800x600).jpg

Well, I got the original motor for the C101.  He finally came down to $100.   It was not rebuilt from what I can see.  I mounted it on the tractor.  Added a coil and starter solenoid and starter which were missing.   Made 2 battery cables.  It will run on starting fluid.  I was going to replace the fuel lines today but when I looked in the tank there was too much garbage and rust.  There was a ton of debris on top of the transmission.  So off with the fenders and it got hosed out...... gas tank too!  It's sitting in front of the fan drying now.  There's a pic of the shutoff valve, it's plugged!     There's a crack at the seat mount ... will weld tomorrow.   And that muffler has to be changed.   I probably should take off the float bowl.  

Edited by N3PUY
  • Like 4

TDF5G

That looks like a great project.  And great progress.  

:text-bravo: