whfan74

Grabbed a goodie for the collection

CasualObserver

Nice grab Scott. I've got some measurements of the guards in here.... http://s228.photobucket.com/user/jschahl/library/attachments/FarmPTO?sort=3&page=1
 Let me know if you can't see it. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone has the extra guards.

DougC

Nice find.:handgestures-thumbupright:  Retired guys like your dad and myself just love a good reason to take a roadtrip...:auto-driving:

• Like 3

953 nut
:text-yeahthat:              lets go, where we going, who cares.      :auto-layrubber:
  • Like 2

whfan74

Nice grab Scott. I've got some measurements of the guards in here.... http://s228.photobucket.com/user/jschahl/library/attachments/FarmPTO?sort=3&page=1
 Let me know if you can't see it. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone has the extra guards.

@CasualObserver I am unable to see your photos, would be very curious to see so I know what to be on the look out for.  Will also contact the previous owner to see if we can come up with something.

CasualObserver
@whfan74 I removed the folder lock.

Looks like you're just missing the two guards. The one over the big pulley is just sheetmetal same as any other belt guard, the other one over the PTO shaft is a little thicker gauge metal more like a mower chute deflector.

Had mine mounted and out to a couple shows this year.

2015lscppa%2012.jpg

Edited by CasualObserver
  • Like 6

whfan74

Thank you Jason!

Pullstart

wow, that's a ginormous pulley on the front!  what kind of reduction is in the PTO and what kind of equipment would be run on it?

or maybe is it not even reduced, but just a large pulley that's direct driven?

CasualObserver

The large pulley is the reducer... from 3600 RPM at the engine to around 540 at the output (depending on which pulley is on the engine.  The shaft in the unit is just a straight shaft through the housing with a PTO spline pinned on one side.
This would be for running stationary things like a bin auger or barn hay elevator.

20150802_164859.thumb.jpg.145fdbf096b62e
20150802_191758.thumb.jpg.67c67eefddbc7e
20150802_191728.thumb.jpg.dfb7e321d736b4

Edited by CasualObserver
  • Like 2

slammer302

thats pretty cool wounder if it was used very much looks to be in good condition

c-series don

Damn, I want one of those. Not that I have anything to run with it but it is a rare attachment to have. I have been looking for a long time and can't seem to find one. One thing I know with this hobby is patience is a virtue and sooner or later one will pop up. I waited for years to find a good sweepster c-48 broom and finally found one. Isn't there another one that mounts underneath the tractor as well? After talking to some of the guys at the big show the consensus is that there was not a big demand for these and therefore not a lot of them made.

• Like 1

rick

I like that, I could really use one!

• Like 1

whfan74

. Isn't there another one that mounts underneath the tractor as well?

Yes, that is even harder to find than the one pictured above.  Just curious if any of the members have the one that mounts underneath?

DennisThornton
@whfan74

I removed the folder lock.

Looks like you're just missing the two guards. The one over the big pulley is just sheetmetal same as any other belt guard, the other one over the PTO shaft is a little thicker gauge metal more like a mower chute deflector.

2015lscppa%2012.jpg

@whfan74

I removed the folder lock.

Might that be an FF in the background?

• Like 1

evanloock

Yes, that is even harder to find than the one pictured above.  Just curious if any of the members have the one that mounts underneath?

I have this one and the under-mount PTO-66 as well.

• Like 2

DennisThornton
Might that be an FF in the background?

Yep... another nice restoration by @mnWHfan
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/37286-sears-ff20-restoration-in-progress/

I want one!  The old Craftsmans and Suburbans are great machines!  I gather the FF was not only the biggest ever offered by Sears but with options not seen anywhere else either!  Specs, but of course not looks, reminds me of my Lxi.  Heck, the FFs even had optional front and rear PTOs!

CasualObserver

Yep... I have that one too.
pto66-2.thumb.jpg.b0eb3bda8f50f16234590f
pto66-1.thumb.jpg.0aaf170a58e9fd7c125a9d

• Like 2

Shynon

Another one here

pto66.jpg

• Like 2