DougC

How To Break The News

TDF5G

For me, no wife, no problem.  Although my teenage daughter asked me how many tractors I was gonna buy after bringing home the B115 on Saturday!:)

• Like 4

DougC
Three easy steps.  :handgestures-thumbsup:
1. Take off the apron.
2. Bust our your man pants. 
3. Put 'em on.  
:coffee:

:lol: The edit added the apron bit.............Classic....:lol:

• Like 3

jachady

I always send a text just saying "I'm Sorry".  Then I let the flood of scenarios go through her brain and 15 minutes later I send a picture of the new tractor.  It's never as bad as what she was imagining.

• Like 7

WNYPCRepair

I expected to have issues after number 3, but my wife has been very supportive. I was shocked. She has always been great, but I did expect kickback that never came

• Like 2

slammer302

My wife is supports my hobby 

• Like 3

wrightorchid

I only have one, but if I had more room, and fewer other hobbies, such as orchids, blacksmithing, and a honey do list a mile long, I would have more.  In general (for most things), if I have room, she is supportive. There are only so many hours in a day to get things done.  I just have too much stuff I don't use on a regular basis, but you know, a job for every tool, a tool for ever job, or something like that.  You never know when you might need it, or it was too good of a deal to pass up.

• Like 2

JimD

As long as she can park her car in the garage in the winter she doesn't say anything. She knows I won't spend money we don't have and I know the same about her. We see eye to eye on just about everything, 'course I do have to stoop a little to look her in the eye. She's kinda short. :lol:

• Like 8

stevasaurus

My wife is supports my hobby 

Hey Slammer...did she type your reply when you were not looking or were you typing as fast as you could before she saw it??  :ROTF:  :)

• Like 8

slammer302

little of both:)

• Like 3

shelbyv8

Everything is taken care for your week in Cancun.  By the way I am going to make a 300 mile trip tomorrow to pickup another tractor, if you want ride along I will buy your lunch.  trip to Cancun $2000, C120 $200, and lunch $30, everyone is happy.

• Like 5

DougC
Three easy steps.  
1. Take off the apron.
2. Bust our your man pants. 
3. Put 'em on.  
:coffee:

The edit added the apron bit.............Classic....

But what if your man pants are dirty and in the laundry and you can't get to the washer because it's surrounded by RJ's and Suburbans? :):ROTF:

Or theyre in the clothes basket covered with greasy Kohler and Onan parts ......:o

• Like 2

953 nut

My wife is a Quilter and has more money tied up in computerized embroidery sewing machines and sergers than I do in :wh:, welders, wood working tools and a tool for every task combined. She accepts the concept of having dedicated tractors for every task and a few for back-ups so i'm safe. When I brought home my third 953 she was dubious about it ever looking good, then I reminded her what my street rod looked like when I bought it. 

I haven't been getting much done in the  barn lately because I am building cabinets for our utility room, which makes the Mrs. Very Happy.

• Like 3

shallowwatersailor

Time to get the deposit back. You have been caught. Oh well!

I always ask first. It is easier on my life expectancy and I usually lie about the price. 

Being upfront normally gets me everything I want. I also have brought tractors home while she is on a business trip - and BeeHinds only count as a half tractor. :ychain:

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

The Wife could care less. I do get some weird looks from time to time. She even goes with me to pick some up. There are a lot more expensive hobbies than this. She just requires a parking spot in the garage once cold weather sets in.

• Like 4

chris sutton

Ive got 24 wheelhorse's with some in bits, when I buy another tractor I strip it down in the back of the van and sneak it in the shed when she;s not looking and mix it in with the others :lol:

• Like 8

C-101plowerpower

how many shed's is that now Chris?:lol:

Stormin

Some bits, Chris? Bit of an understatement isn't it. :D

My other half doesn't mind what I get. She just says I've no more room for any more.

Edited by Stormin

DougC

Now ive really done it.................. Found out I can buy a brand new snow cab from original cab company for classic toro 300,400 and 500 series for $883 plus $35 UPS shipping. I have to call a phone # to buy........ Got to sleep on this deal................... It looks just like the originals even the hard top white roof...
I aint tellin the wife about it before I buy it, THATS for sure..................:lol:

Man thats alot of $ for a soft sided cab............ But it would fit because.........its made for it..........:greetings-clappingyellow:      Showed a picture of it on a 520H.:D